Talon Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

77Liquid77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-04-2012

I decided to play Talon mid a week ago. After 15 normal games I've found that he is pretty useful and do very well in that position (12 wins out of 15). Due to the burst damage, silence + gapcloser and high mobility Talon has advantage against most of the mid picks. Even though it makes sense to pick Talon mid if you think about it, I have trouble in the champion select screen when people see me picking it for mid (they mock, rage or quit). The only problem is that if you don't do well shutting down their ap carry and getting fed early, you are kind of useless. Anyway most of the time you will do great if you don't play terribly or you are not facing someone too good.

My questions are:

Is Talon mid a viable pick for ranked? I guess there are better players than in normal ( I have never played ranked yet)
Have you ever played/seen him on mid? What are your impressions? Discuss.
Thanks for reading.

TD Neoray

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-04-2012

only as a counter pick, if you pick talon to early the enemy will just pick a sustain monster like vladmir and ignore you.
edit: or even worse: malphite mid, you cant hurt him at all :P

my name is ben

26-04-2012

If you pick Talon in ranked any half decent ap will either swap lanes or build armour like ninja tabi/glacial shroud or something and you'll lose lane anyway.

77Liquid77

26-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is ben View Post
If you pick Talon in ranked any half decent ap will either swap lanes or build armour like ninja tabi/glacial shroud or something and you'll lose lane anyway.
I see, in normal only one opponent reacted building armor, but the rest just went with the regular build and lost. Never got a lane-swap so far. I guess that it is not viable if you are playing with experienced players.

Koala lost a Hat

26-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is ben View Post
because talon can't swap...

PavĂȘ

26-04-2012

Talon is the only mid pick i use in ranked. It's over powered! If you master Talon well you can beat every champ in the game.

grillenvernichtu

26-04-2012

as already said, talon mid is not very viable unless you know you will win your lane big

reasons are very obvious:
talon is melee champion with ONE ranged attack (his w) which autopushs the lane and can be dodged
just because talon has a silence on 15 sec cooldown doesnt mean he is a counter to most ap mids
due to this, talon often gets zoned on from level 1 because he has no answer to ranged autoattacks and spells

talon has a silence but it buts himself at great danger, so basicly if you e someone and dont have your ult and the enemy jungler comes to gank talon is dead

also, if enemy ap starts cloth/5 and rushs zhonyas or something and has a ranged harass on low cd talon loses lane big

sirDarts

26-04-2012

Talon is much more viable mid than top (unless dual AP setup), but as said he is a counter-pick. On the other hand, his ganks are quite strong, especially on bot lane, so you can get fed there when your opponent counter-builds.

Viseri0n

26-04-2012

Is not that hard to win a lane in normal blind pick picking talon, becouse enemy can' t counterpick, and usually the toplaner will refuse to swap.

Legit Korean

26-04-2012

Yeah I get that too, today got a bunch of premade retards who started flaming me at champ select to pick a mid champ. I just ignored them, later in the game they were bad, obviously since they didn't even know that Talon is a mid champ, they started flaming our jungler and the Yi who was soloing top lost his turret in like 7 minutes, the guys at bot were feeding , I had like 12 kills and was dominating my lane + ganking others so they blamed the jungler instead of the retard who picked talon mid.

Conclusion: Talon is a great mid champ and just ignore retards/flamers who are too bad to know otherwise.