Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Presenting Refer-a-Friend 2.0!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeeksNaman

Champion Herald

04-25-2012

Summoners!

It’s our pleasure to unveil a brand new version of the Refer-a-Friend program. We’ve built this program to empower all you well-connected socialites to spread the word about League of Legends to all of your friends, family members, acquaintances, business associates, pets, fans, professors, classmates, significant others and anyone else you think might benefit from a little good, clean fun.

Here are just a few of the perks of Refer-a-Friend 2.0!

• User friendly referrals – Your friends can simply enter your summoner name or email at the time they sign up. You can also send your friends your unique referral code via email or through your preferred instant messaging service.
  • Earn IP for every referral – Every time one of your referrals reaches Level 5 you’ll be the proud recipient of a 250 IP bounty.
  • Milestone rewards – When your friends reach Level 10 they’ll earn you points toward even more exciting rewards like exclusive skins, forum titles, Riot Points and more!

Now if you’ve already been going strong in the old Refer-a-Friend Program, you’ve got two options: You can transfer over to the new system and score some instant rewards, or you can remain in the original program and pursue those rewards if you prefer. Simply log into your existing Refer-a-Friend account page to get more details.

Nobody makes a better teammate than a friend, summoner, so start inviting yours to play League of Legends today. You’ve got nothing to lose but a lonely heart!

You can get a look at the full list of Refer-a-Friend 2.0 rewards and start inviting your friends here. (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/rewards/)

Update: Hey folks, we’ve uncovered two primary issues with Refer-a-Friend 2.0:

1) Some referrals aren’t showing up for some of you. We’ve identified this as a display issue – no data is lost at this time. All of your referrals should make it into the system as time progresses.
2) If you opted to redeem your rewards using the old system, there’s no navigation back to the webpage that allows you to opt into the new system. We’re fixing the navigation issue, but you will be able to switch over.

Update: We want to clarify two important points that got swept under the rug:

1) If you want to receive your Refer-a-Friend 1.0 rewards, you must redeem them BEFORE TRANSITIONING TO 2.0!
2) The referral level threshold for the new system is Level 10, up from Level 5. In the transition, you will gain 250 IP per Level 5 (or higher) account, but only Level 10 (or higher) accounts will unlock your Milestone Rewards.

We know that we could have made these two points much more visible and are looking into any ways that we can restore Refer-a-Friend 1.0 rewards to accounts that inadvertently forfeited them.

Update: A clarification on our clarification:

The immediately available reward for your Level 5 referrals will be 250 IP per account. *Your IP boosts haven't been forgotten about - they'll be added to your account after this transition is completed.

We’ll have further updates as we tackle these bugs and improve the experience for you.

Loser

Recruiter

04-26-2012

If you chose to stay with the old system to redeem your unclaimed rewards, you can't switch to 2.0 anymore. Please fix this.

MUANER

04-26-2012

So, IF I earned in old Refer-aFriend Program 975 RP, skins etc. does that means that if i "score" again 10 refered friends as lvl 10, it means that I will again get same RP, as the last time ? :3

Qrk

Recruiter

04-26-2012

Well, i switched to reffer-a-friend 2.0 and i had 47 referrals to redeem. I did it and it says: 11,500 TOTAL IP EARNED. But, i didnt receive any IP yet.

Dark RIP 13

Recruiter

04-26-2012

Quote:
ZeQuoives:
Well, i switched to reffer-a-friend 2.0 and i had 47 referrals to redeem. I did it and it says: 11,500 TOTAL IP EARNED. But, i didnt receive any IP yet.

it does say "it may take up to 72hours to be distributed"

just wait it out :P

EDIT: just switched had 14 referals and now i have 0..

Dzioobasek

04-26-2012

cant open rewards page

Urasil21

04-26-2012

Quote:
Bombass:
So, IF I earned in old Refer-aFriend Program 975 RP, skins etc. does that means that if i "score" again 10 refered friends as lvl 10, it means that I will again get same RP, as the last time ? :3

no you cant get the same rewards

Pretoden

04-26-2012

what about 10000 refers?

Csontbrigád

04-26-2012

what ar the "rwards" if i switch?

Csontbrigád

04-26-2012

what are the "rwards" if i switch?