Best poppy build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sap

12-11-2010

finally tried poppy due to being her free week and i gotta say i love it so far, really fun!

i've read guides and some suggest AP, others AD and some even consider hybrid. i've tried them all and the one i like the most is AD with attack speed. but i want to know how good this is for the current patch since all guides i see are dated.

- i start mana crystal and 2 pots.
- sheen and lvl 1 boots
- trinity force IF the farming is going well, else i take a lich bane
- madreds bloodrazer if the game wasnt over yet.

hows this setup? should i go something else? is the buying order correct? maybe bloodrazer first and then lichbane or trinity force?

for masteries i take 9/0/21 but i really have my doubts here, should i go full 21 offense? if yes, in what masteries?
runes magic penetration, dodge and CD reduction.

any tips are welcome, thanks!

Monzer

13-11-2010

Well i start with boots it giving me a pretty good advantage early game then shen >trinity force , bloodthirster ,lastwhisper and yep same runepage but iam going to change dodge seals with some magic ris or some armor and try play def masteries its really useful my other build is AP build = 1 shoot k.o i go Mejai's Soulstealer with Sorcerer's boots , Haunting Guise really good u and Void Staff kinda hard to survive after using ur ulti but its op build tbh Hextech Gunblade is very good sometimes depends on your opponents but once u know what to build to face ur foe its a win no doubt ty.

Sap

13-11-2010

ty for the answer, im gonna try that.

Blank0X

13-11-2010

I usually make Trinity Force, Boots of Swiftness, Phantom Dancer and the game is over because I already sent everyone to spawn pool

Phantom Dancer for the passive and run speed.
Boots 3 so you can overrun anyone.
Trinity is simply a most have in pop's

After these look at your team and choose what comes next, depends on the enemies.

Regards

Xeerz

15-11-2010

Why the hell you get boots 3 or phantom dancer if you practicly can almost outrun anyone with W and trin?

Depending how the fight goes I either go a tanky path or a DEMOLISH YOUR FACE YO! path. Or if really felt needed a mix of the two, though you practicly kill anything already with just trin and ult alone with the girly

Monzer

16-11-2010

Yes i agree with Xeerz u dont need phantom dancer or 3boots W with CDR runes is almost enuf but i wont go tanky way either i just pick my build depend on enemy AD or AP thats it

jfrost

16-11-2010

You could think of 3 Boots + Phantom Dancer as a means of map mobility tho. If you rush those two, you can gank top and then 20 secs later gank bot (without a miss call, obviously xD).