Game won't start...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Slee

21-04-2012

Hey all, I was playing league fine yesterday but when I went to play today I had to patch again and now when I click play the league window opens but it's all black and doesn't change. any idea why this is happening?

-Thanks, Ainslie

Vuxadin

Wrenchman

21-04-2012

Hey ainslie,

Could you provide a screenshot?

Zoralurk

21-04-2012

Well how can he make a screenshot of something that is just black and not working..i got the same problem..imagine that you open lol and type ur logins then you normaly would see the main page with the PLAY and what not..but all we see is a frame around a black window with nothing to click beside the Cloze windows feature..and that dont work..so we must kill the task manualy

Vuxadin

Wrenchman

21-04-2012

Is it similar to this issue?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDecrepit View Post
Hey there Jaffa,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting into the game. Most often players will run into this problem due to a failed self-parch of the patcher. Luckily, you can have the patcher re-patch itself by simply deleting the following folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Just so you know, if you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location

If that doesn't resolve the problem, there are a couple of other things that can resolve this issue. For starters, try running the game as an administrator:
a) Right-Click on the short-cut
b) Select the properties tab
c) Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling UAC. If you're not sure how to do this, then there is a guide that you can use here

You can also try manually updating/installing the .Net Framework 3.5, which you can find here

If none of these steps help, or if you feel like you'd like to get one-on-one assistance from a member of our support staff, please feel free to submit a ticket to our support site. If you do submit a ticket, it would be helpful if you could include both a Process List and your Dxdiag.
Try the above, if that doesn't work update your NET Framework and Adobe AIR.

Zoralurk

21-04-2012

exactly