Interview with Marc Merrill & Tom Cadwell - Season One

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bibidiboo

11-06-2010

This was done a while ago.. couldve annoucned it earlier on Eu

Urosh Uchiha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

I cant wait for the voice thingy.That will make things go easier and stuff.Can't wait to see how this will end.

Christmassacre

11-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipcore View Post
Humm, nothing I've not seen in DotA so far, either way why not simply completely turn off runes aswell as masteries for ranked matches, it's not really as if they were crucial to any hero out there but hrm, whatevs peeps would complain about stuff like gp w/o critbuild sucks and the likes <_< but I don't really see a point in combining the metagame ( which requires a ****LOAD of farming ) with ranked games... the results can easily be seen in games like WoW where u can't do jack without the necesarry gear and even though LoL runes/ masteries aren't as benefficial as gear in WoW or any other competitive games there'll never be "equality" unless your nerd 'nuff to get all runebuilds you could possibly get, oh well I guess imma stick around DotA once again.
I am really sorry sir, but this post is by far, the worst I have seen in a while. If you want LOL to be like DOTA or WOW or whatever, why don't you just go back and play those games ? Runes and masteries are something that make LOL interesting and adding some kind of advancement, also talking about that runes take ****load of time to get as lvl30 player with almost 300 wins is ridiculous. If you don't have time for competitive play, then you won't play competitive. We all know that competitive players invest a lot of hours into the game, so the "loads of farming" you are talking about, are not a concern.

BurntFaceMan

11-06-2010

I look forward to seeing some of the sillier champions being banned each game. Although, if I'm honest, I'm probably more excited about alternate game modes than I am about Season 1. but thats only because I think whatever these guys come up with will not only be different and interesting, but also well made.

Van Speyk

12-06-2010

Nice thing to be looking forward to! You guys mention more rune pages, but adding materies pages would be extremely helpful as well. Keep up the good work.

Christmassacre

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosm0 View Post
the point is.. what will Season 1 rly bring at his end? any reward based on your rank / mmr / elo / whatever?
what about guilds? Will there be any real TEAMS (like if you join as team you need to be in a real team WoW arena style) or just pugs / arranged random teams?
Will it be possilble to queue dodge a rankded match?

I highly hope that "queue dodging" will be punished with instant loss.

Aleksik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanp View Post
About those bans. What about if you try to select each champion like after 30 seconds. Then you would know their team set-up because some can't be chosen! Now you don't have that much time left to make a counter set-up, but still, has that been taken in consideration? Or you could just select a champion that is a great counter against your team (declining the enemy team to take it), and after some time you just pick the champions you actually wanted. If the enemy team already got the char you wanted, you can pick the counter!
Of course this isn't as black and white as I put it here, but I think you thought of this!

But besides this, I really can't wait for the replays! I want them! :D
This can be easily avoided. Riot's just could allow one choice of champion, if it isn't drafted already.
And bump for Dual Mastery Specialization.

Smittmeister

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
Maybe in US, but in EU is pretty harsh :-) In fact I didn't saw more infantile haters anywhere. I hope that report thing will work fine, it's really needed.
just join a heroes of newerth game and die once... than you will experience the real meaning of "harsh"

Otukt

12-06-2010

Who in the team will be able to pich/ban for the team?

Kargen

12-06-2010

New rune pages, you say? Just what I've been waiting for :)