Is Akali OP? (no whine)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leeno

10-06-2010

Hi,

i recently bought Akali and find myself very strong playing her compared to other champs. I dont know my rank Elo wise (lvl30, about 230 wins : 250 losses) but most of the times im leading kills with her and kind of carrying my team. Might also be because im teaming up with friends who are 15-25, but then again i also dominate with her when teaming with 30s.

It seems that she can do alot of burst damage (burst waves) without too much to fear. Often the enemy will be shocked by the teleport+burst wave and run away instead of attacking back. Incase they dont run Akali can throw down a smoke bomb to hide for 2 seconds for her cooldowns to refresh. She can of course use it to hinder running enemies too.

When im in a group clash i often initiate with a teleport+burst, then smoke bomb, causing disarray in the enemy team and signaling my team to engage while im in their backyard to prepare my next burst attack.

Very often group fights are won that way with me having to watch out not claiming too many kills for myself so my teammates remain weak for the match.

Ive done quite alot of games with Akali now (my guess is around 40-50) and i begin to think that a well-played Akali is too powerful compared to others. I shud also mention that i play her with all spells on smart-cast allowing me to line up burst combos very fast.

What do others think? Is she overpowered? Or is it because im playing vs people who dont know how to counter her?

asdvfarw

10-06-2010

Yes, its almost a given considering shes a "new" champ. Just look at Shen and this new Viking dude. Both incredibly imba.

The fact that Riot just keep pumping out these imba-machines makes it ridiculous if anything. They should know by now.

craig09

10-06-2010

Akali is not OP, she is extremely squishy. And a lot of her damage is single target.

She is a real problem for casters, or ashe who stands way back (after level 6). But apart from this akali is easily avoided.

Akali is a good character though as if you get a good start, she will dominate late game.

Project Insanity

10-06-2010

Anivia > Akali.
Throw a smoke bomb?
Ulti over it forces her out, then she's exposed continue with normal nuke combo. Job done.
And apart from that yes she is very squishy, and she's a champ killer, I don't see her being that good as a lane pusher anymore without any escape mechanisms without enemy creeps nearby, but she can't backdoor so why would there be creeps on the other side of her to you?

Aeon1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Bloodreaver --> Shen

And Olaf is just like Trynmda imo.

SwiftXShadow

13-06-2010

she can kill ppl in seconds even if they are under tower... shs got stealth... and utli gives teleport to her target.... with 1 sec cooldown if you have 3 charges?....

all skills have REALLY low cooldown.... with high damage... i mean even the PASSIVE is op

she can take out even tanks in seconds...

Project Insanity

13-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftXShadow View Post
she can kill ppl in seconds even if they are under tower... shs got stealth... and utli gives teleport to her target.... with 1 sec cooldown if you have 3 charges?....

all skills have REALLY low cooldown.... with high damage... i mean even the PASSIVE is op

she can take out even tanks in seconds...
Like I said, she's a champ killer, what can she do with 1 AoE again minions? She can't exactly backdoor so that just leaves her with champ killing and towers, but she has to melee towers, with no escape mechanisms, so early, even tower pushing with minions is hard because you're vulnerable to enemy champs.

Valjen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-06-2010

I think they should shorten that dash range from her ulti. It is kinda devastating against short range squishies.

SwiftXShadow

13-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Insanity View Post
Like I said, she's a champ killer, what can she do with 1 AoE again minions? She can't exactly backdoor so that just leaves her with champ killing and towers, but she has to melee towers, with no escape mechanisms, so early, even tower pushing with minions is hard because you're vulnerable to enemy champs.

mostly op comes when some hero can waste every other hero in seconds....
and what about other melee chars... who gotta go melee on towers O.o same thing thats not a weakness... most champs are like that.... just with out the massive damage , stealth, teleport abilities

whats so hard about pushing minions early? get around lvl 3... and you already ez kill your lane opponent and just wack away on the minions

Balbanes

13-06-2010

Never ever saw an Akali worth being mentioned at any game yet.. she is annoying but well..when I was a lil child, school was annoying too..but well..everything has an end.