League of legends for MAC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epic Strumf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-04-2012

Is there any reason that there is not a client for a MAC. I have a friend, who find the game interesting, but can't play it because he has a MAC. Is it a matter of time? or is it not a possibility, making a client for MAC.

Thanks for a great game, hope to hear from you soon

Boompje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchman

19-04-2012

www.boompje.net

There you go

(Wait until fridayafternoon though.. that'll save you a few hours today. I'm gonna release the new version tomorrow that requires a reinstall).

Epic Strumf

20-04-2012

Why is there no link from the original league of legends page??

MIhulica

20-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompje View Post
www.boompje.net

There you go

(Wait until fridayafternoon though.. that'll save you a few hours today. I'm gonna release the new version tomorrow that requires a reinstall).
i tried to install the iLOL and there was an error before patching telling me it is incompatible with my version of OSX. I have 10.5.8 version and it's up to date, do you know what the problem is?

Cypherous

20-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Strumf View Post
Why is there no link from the original league of legends page??
Its an unofficial client it isn't supported by riot games so they wont link to it as they have no control over it

Zarffyn

24-05-2012

I am sure yesterday I found somewhere on the official website a link saying something like "Mac Testers". Clicked it, and then thought I'll do it today. But can't find it anymore.

I'll try this boompje later today. But something still intrigues me. Why wouldn't Riot help Boompje, or even recruit him to built a "real" official stable version of this for Mac ?
That would sound good to me.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchman

24-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarffyn View Post
I am sure yesterday I found somewhere on the official website a link saying something like "Mac Testers". Clicked it, and then thought I'll do it today. But can't find it anymore.

I'll try this boompje later today. But something still intrigues me. Why wouldn't Riot help Boompje, or even recruit him to built a "real" official stable version of this for Mac ?
That would sound good to me.
Feel free to try, but please do not seek help for bugs in this thread, using my forum for that is much faster and effective. Riot actually does help with the client. I am in contact with Riot quite a lot and in case of problems, they help us out if they can. However, the client is not fully stable and does not work well with every Mac OS X and hardware combination. Besides, we are using a Wine engine to run the game. Riot had problems before with a comparable engine (since it has a pretty poor performance).

Zarffyn

24-05-2012

Okay, well in any case thanks a lot for that answer.

TbladeS

15-06-2012

I have an iMac and im downloading this thing off ur website called iLoL_Open_Beta_1.1.3_installer.dmg
does the 'dmg' part mean it will damage the iMac?????
I need to know soon please!!!!!

TbladeS

15-06-2012

Doesn't matter now it works thx alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!