Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


League of legends for MAC

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epic Strumf

Junior Member

04-19-2012

Is there any reason that there is not a client for a MAC. I have a friend, who find the game interesting, but can't play it because he has a MAC. Is it a matter of time? or is it not a possibility, making a client for MAC.

Thanks for a great game, hope to hear from you soon


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchman

04-19-2012

http://www.boompje.net

There you go

(Wait until fridayafternoon though.. that'll save you a few hours today. I'm gonna release the new version tomorrow that requires a reinstall).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epic Strumf

Junior Member

04-20-2012

Why is there no link from the original league of legends page??


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MIhulica

Junior Member

04-20-2012

Quote:
Boompje:
http://www.boompje.net

There you go

(Wait until fridayafternoon though.. that'll save you a few hours today. I'm gonna release the new version tomorrow that requires a reinstall).


i tried to install the iLOL and there was an error before patching telling me it is incompatible with my version of OSX. I have 10.5.8 version and it's up to date, do you know what the problem is?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cypherous

Member

04-20-2012

Quote:
Epic Strumf:
Why is there no link from the original league of legends page??


Its an unofficial client it isn't supported by riot games so they wont link to it as they have no control over it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarffyn

Junior Member

05-24-2012

I am sure yesterday I found somewhere on the official website a link saying something like "Mac Testers". Clicked it, and then thought I'll do it today. But can't find it anymore.

I'll try this boompje later today. But something still intrigues me. Why wouldn't Riot help Boompje, or even recruit him to built a "real" official stable version of this for Mac ?
That would sound good to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchman

05-24-2012

Quote:
Zarffyn:
I am sure yesterday I found somewhere on the official website a link saying something like "Mac Testers". Clicked it, and then thought I'll do it today. But can't find it anymore.

I'll try this boompje later today. But something still intrigues me. Why wouldn't Riot help Boompje, or even recruit him to built a "real" official stable version of this for Mac ?
That would sound good to me.


Feel free to try, but please do not seek help for bugs in this thread, using my forum for that is much faster and effective. Riot actually does help with the client. I am in contact with Riot quite a lot and in case of problems, they help us out if they can. However, the client is not fully stable and does not work well with every Mac OS X and hardware combination. Besides, we are using a Wine engine to run the game. Riot had problems before with a comparable engine (since it has a pretty poor performance).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarffyn

Junior Member

05-24-2012

Okay, well in any case thanks a lot for that answer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TbladeS

Recruiter

06-15-2012

I have an iMac and im downloading this thing off ur website called iLoL_Open_Beta_1.1.3_installer.dmg
does the 'dmg' part mean it will damage the iMac?????
I need to know soon please!!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TbladeS

Recruiter

06-15-2012

Doesn't matter now it works thx alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!


12