Monster Combo Botlane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rorschach123

19-04-2012

Hi,

Since I saw that CLG botlane combo Alistar+Blitzcrank I though: Why wouldn't I try AP Blitzcrank to babysit a carry bot and be aggressive right from level 2?. Things evolved from that point and a friend of mine suggested that Duo AD or Duo AP is also a killer bot lane, in most cases. Game after game and I've come up with the most insane botlane you will ever have: Alistar + Nautilus Duo AP. Not that shi tty support, no. Full AP. Full AP Runes and you have 60 AP right from the bat or you can go safe and buy Boots + pots and still have ~45 AP.

I am telling you, botlane is won in 4 out of 5 cases, relying of course on the fact that you and your wingman play at least decent. Aggressiveness is a must! Try to wait for them at level 1 so that they burn flash/heal/exhaust and then wait level 2 so that you have a knock-up and a slow. In most cases you will be able to impose such a threat that the carry won't even farm and the support will stay out of the EXP range.

Communication is very important. Vent/TS/Skype... whatever. As Dyrus says: THE TRAIN WON'T STOP ). Haven't tried this in Ranked though, this may be a killer lane but you do need a Range AD so an Urgot solo top might just do it but it's a risk I am not willing to take just yet. You can go full AP botlane to babysit a carry but I only recommend Blitz, Lux, Nunu or Karma, other heroes... meh.

Good Luck!

Sebob

19-04-2012

Most likely won't work against better players and ull get outcarried hard.

phallic udTsi

19-04-2012

Think a good enemylane will have ashe/janna and play defensive all day and farm.

Lategame they have an Ad carry and you 2 useless tankysupports Just my opinion.

But I'll try this in normalz

Hamashimura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-04-2012

Dunno about that, but Ryze + Olaf owned the sh'it out of us...

LlamaDiscon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-04-2012

I've lost a match partly because of such a combo. The Alistar was decent, and went positive, but the Blitzcrank fed something like 3/13/11. I feel like the Blitz could've done more if he'd gone for Triforce.

Pikutz21

19-04-2012

I thought OP made no sense, but when he quoted Dyrus , it all came to light ...

sirDarts

19-04-2012

1) Supports are not useless. A well played support gives the team much more than your kill-lane, especially if you don't get the kills.
2) Urgot is NOT an AD carry, he is a ranged bruiser, if you don't play him as such, he is just a 1-trick pony (swap->die). Mobile AD carries can easily play top - Vayne, Graves, Corki, Trist, Cait (btw Cait is hell to play against as a bruiser), maybe Ez.
3) This strategy can work, and when it works it's nice, but if it doesn't work... Well you have 2 useless champs, enjoy.

PHANX Weizenmehl

19-04-2012

Nautilus(Support) + Kennen(AD) is a great Combo

Rorschach123

19-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phallic udTsi View Post
Think a good enemylane will have ashe/janna and play defensive all day and farm.

Lategame they have an Ad carry and you 2 useless tankysupports Just my opinion.

But I'll try this in normalz
If you play defensive you won't be able to farm. And no matter how defensive you play at level 6 all it takes is for Nautilus to cast it's ulti so that one hero to be bye-bye.

Jebbedaya

19-04-2012

Why not just ban Janna then if you want to do the kill lane.

Also ban Alistar if he is not one of your two champs.