Deny!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2fat2befast

26-05-2010

Hey guys!

Ive been playing Dota for several years, and wanted to ask wether there is gonna be a "deny" feature for Creeps / Towers.
In my eyes its very important to deny towers or creeps, because thats in the end what shows the real skill and tactic. If you deny 6 towers - the opponent team does not get 600gold (EACH!). If you deny creeps/vassals it means that the opponent on your lane does not get the 20gold.
I should say deny should be possible at about 10% of the HP of the Unit & 5% of the HP of a Tower.

Furthermore I would like to suggest, that inhibitors and the final building should only be attackable if creeps/vassals attack them. (so you cant backdoor! and cant deny it! sweet? ;-)

All right!

Another game mode would also be nice, but is just an idea. If you know dota, you might know what to copy ;-) (-rd , -cm , -ar , ect... from beginning on - where you can select mapsize and teamplay stuff!)

C ya

Elsu

26-05-2010

Sounds like LoL is the wrong game for you. I like the changes in LoL, rather than just copying DotA. There have been many similiar threads, and the changes you're proposing won't happen.

Decapitation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-05-2010

I don't know what you talking about since I didn't played dota but this game works fine as it is.

SthnPipa

26-05-2010

why bother copying dota? lol>dota for me and i was playing dota for like 5 years... and now i canst play it..!

Stuuhl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

26-05-2010

riot knows about denying, but they didnt brought it into the game because it makes early game for melee champions even harder, while denying is easy for range champs.

exactly they say

"1.It enlarges the early game imbalance between ranged and melee Champions, and we think it is more fun for all Champions to be at least somewhat competitive at all phases of the game.

2.It leads to passive play, and slows down the game. We feel that high-activity; high-action faster games are more fun. By not having denying, there’s a stronger incentive to push. Additionally, it prevents strong lane control which is ultimately about passive play. Team fights more than anything else are what make this genre fun, and faster games mean more team fights.

3.It is weird. Killing your own guys?"

MrFuzzles

26-05-2010

Play gangplank.

Chairon

26-05-2010

Nobody needs denial.

2fat2befast

26-05-2010

All right! Got your meaning to the deny feature!

What about the other things? Mode select? (isnt it wierd to have the same champ twice in one game?!)
Smth against back door?

C ya

Chairon

26-05-2010

Voting game modes would be nice, sth against double champs too, but it forces ppl to play what they dont want, it only worked in dota because they had plenty of choice, imagine most of the rotation being picked and you being new to the game, there would be 1 or 2 champs to pick sinec you didnt buy any...

Backdooring could be avoided by having to be with creeps to damage the towers, and by the nexus being able to attack.

skyqula

26-05-2010

Denieing is just passive play, it s*xs.

Game modes is being worked on, season 1 should add 1(is comming this summer).

Backdoring is a legit tactic, there are alot of ways to counter it and see it comming. Its fine as it is.