Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hanfwurst

14-04-2012

Hello everyone,

Here is my problem. When I try to log in, I (most of the time) get into the player queue, where I have to wait for about 10-20 seconds. After that, I get the following failure:

Quote:
Information regarding what may have caused this error can be found here.
Service availability can be viewed on the League of Legends Server Status web page.
Sometimes, I don't get into player queue and after a few seconds, the same error appeares. I already tried to connect to the US and the Nordic servers (I have an account on each), but I get the same error.
There's nothing wrong with my internet connections, since everything else works. And also, 1 to 2 hours earlier, a friend of mine actually played with his account at my computer.

I remember a trick, where you would delete a file from the LoL folder, which would get redownloaded, whenyou would start LoL again afterwards. But I can't remember what file that was..
Can someone help?

Thanks in advance

Vuxadin

Wrenchman

14-04-2012

Quote:
Greetings Summoners,

My name is Nossaj, I am a member of your League of Legends Technical Player Support team and I'm here to tell you about a change in the upcoming patch. In an effort to increase the stability of our servers, we will be making a change to our chat system which may result in some players receiving this error message upon attempting to log in:

Quote:
Service availability can be viewed on the League of Legends Server Status web page.
In preparation we'd like to proactively help you make some changes that could prevent you from losing any play time. The most common solution is to sync your Windows clock. Double check that the Time, Date and especially year settings are correct.

Other Solutions: An out of date Windows install may generate this error.

Please update Windows here: update.microsoft.com

Your firewall may be blocking the connection. Make sure that you have exceptions set for the League of Legends PVP.Net server in your firewall. Add this executable to your exception list:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.68\deploy\LolClient.exe

NA: beta.lol.riotgames.com

EUW: prod.eu.lol.riotgames.com

EUNE: prod.eun1.lol.riotgames.com

If none of this resolves your issue feel free to visit our more detailed Knowledge Base article here:

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...hen-logging-in
The above quote should help you out.

Hanfwurst

14-04-2012

Thank you very much. I will try these things and report back, wether it worked or not.

hypêRR

15-04-2012

I got the same.. yesterday I could play normal, without any problems, but since today I got this problem..

Vuxadin

Wrenchman

15-04-2012

Hey hypeRR1337,

Have you followed the steps I quoted above?

Hanfwurst

18-04-2012

Hey Vuxadin!
I had to deal with some other issues the last days. When I tried to add the Windows Firewall exceptions, I realized, that my Firewall somehow was bugged. So I had to deal with that first.
But now, after fixing this problem, I tried all of your solutions. I even reinstalled LoL, but it didn't help. Is there anything else you could suggest? Otherwise I think I will open a support ticket. The strange thing is tho, (as mentioned above) it stoped working withing hours. My friend played on my computer with his account, 1 - 2 hours later I couldn't connect anymore.. -.-

Dagger Wound

19-04-2012

can't play lol anymore, it's always having this issue: connection fail.
I cannot ping or tracert any *pvp.net servers (tried with 3 ISPs and 3 different computers)...

I had hoped with each patch you would fix your f***ing servers, but alas, that will obviously never happen.

I have one solution for this problem: uninstall lol, cause it's a waste of space and never bother with even thinking about the game.

MemoaPatrao

Recruiter

12-06-2012

can't play lol too, done everything listed and need help...

ThaNewbie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-06-2012

i've done everthing the support site said, still no response of the game...

that is all i get time by time, i even reinstalled my WHOLE pc for this, still didn't work... please help me out guys...
Holidays started so please fix it quick :P!!

Greetzz,

ThaNewbie

mamfmage

01-08-2012

bump
same problem
randomly not being able to connect to server after champ select
match history shows LEAVE with 0/0/0 :S