Top 3 best mages.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McJohnsonn

12-04-2012

So I'm looking to buy a new solo mid mage. I've got 6.3k IP and I want to pick one that does well in higher ELO matches. I don't mind if the champion is hard to play, I will learn it.

My question is if you guys could give like a top 3 of most viable solo mid mages.

NumerixWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

cass (overpowered)
galio (counterpick to ap, super safe)
kennen (everyone knows he's amazing)
you'll see these three a lot in higher elo streams, both on eu and us

AI AyDJay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

My fave 3 are Brand <3, Cassiopeia and Swain ^_^

KeyC

13-04-2012

Cassio, Ryze and Galio I would say. Galio is just the best Champ to Counterpick. The other 2 are just amazing.

Goldper10Digger

14-04-2012

Cassiopeia, Ryze and Kennen are the best in my opinion.

Countering mages is as simple as Galio or Kassadin, both won't be banned in the same game (And if they are your team can pick counters).

Other great mids atm are Ahri, Lulu, Morgana and Soraka.

I don't like Swain and Brand, I think they're both inconsistent and unviable. That's just my opinion.

Allisrem

14-04-2012

After a Tier List it should be Karthus, Xerath and Cassio... I also think those 3 dont lack in anything, pretty strong Mages.

McJohnsonn

14-04-2012

Thanks guys. I absolutely hate Cass, so I won't buy her, though she might be the best one.
So I think I'm going to buy either a Kennen or a Galio.

BGSacho

15-04-2012

kennen is probably the safest one, you don't rely on getting blue buffs, you aren't as short range as ryze, aren't as spammy as cass(which can mess up your positioning if you don't have high apm and good mouse control), not easy to counter, can go top if someone else really wants mid, etc etc...If I was going to play 1 hero mid I'd probably be him.

A lot of the same can be said about galio but I haven't really played him a lot.