What headset does the Pro's/streamers use?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeeK

12-04-2012

Im thinking about getting a sick headset, and im thinking about Razer Tiamat 7.1 and Megalodon. i want the headset that ppl like TheOddOne and the other dudes uses since it such good sound and quality on it. So would be nice if any1 knew which one they use!

x3Sunset

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

You should go into a store, often you dont need to spent 200$+ to get some good products. My headset is as good and I just spent like 45$.

phallic udTsi

12-04-2012

Streamers do have a headset on? O.

hrl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I use Icemat Siberia back in the days that Steelseries have not bought the firm. I highly recommend Siberia from SS though.

cru4

12-04-2012

they use MIKcofone ( i use Toshiba bcs it sounds wrong)

crane hermit

12-04-2012

Beware that a good headset does not increase your skill level or what so ever. theoddone isn;t good because he wears that expensive headset :P You could aswell save 150 euro's on a headset and buy guildwars D3 and another game just saying.

Rachaaa

Recruiter

12-04-2012

My headset (???) is like for 2$ :>>> brokes every 3 months, but w/e

Bibi Bloxbaerg

12-04-2012

they use whatever their sponsor wants em to use, derp.

DD Seventh

12-04-2012

For that kind of money you're willing to invest in a gaming headset, you're better off with 'normal' earphones that can plug in a mic.

From experience I know the Megalodon isn't that good, it's integrated driver is just sub-par.
I myself made the mistake of buying a Sennheiser 360, which is a good headset overall, but simply not worth it's price tag.

If you intend to buy a headset over earphones, I can suggest buying either one of the Turtle Beach series, A Roccat Kave, A Siberia V2 from Steelseries or the 5H.
I think those headsets give the best value-for-money.

If you want to go more expensive, I personally think you're better off with a Sennheiser 350 or 360 than with either of the Razer's you've mentioned.

If you want a good, but fairly cheap headset. Go with the Creative Fatal1ty. I broke mine, but for that price it's a really good piece of equipment. The high and low ranges aren't that good as with the more expensive options, but you only pay around 30 bucks for it, so that's to be expected. (Though it is and stays a Creative product, so don't count on good drivers)

TL;DR: Stay away from Razer Headphones, they simply aren't worth their money when you look at the quality you get.

Svenson IV

12-04-2012

CLG is forced to use Razor headsets on tourneys and while they are streaming with webcam. Fnatic is forced to use Steelseries headsets.

If you want a good headset you should spent your money on a good sennheiser or a logitech headset. (100 - 150€ range)