How do you counter Mundo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silvester2k

10-11-2010

Playing Mundo is simple - reach level 11, tank a whole lot of damage and if things get worse just pop ultimate and retreat. If your enemies aren't of the super lucky sort or aces of teamplay and ambushes they won't be able to catch you.
Wait until you are full hp'ed, go in again and repeat if necessary.

I know it actually isn't that easy - but seriously how do you counter him?
He can tank a sh*tload of damage, chase and prevent himself from being chased with his cleaver (and while doing so he deals a good amount of damage), he can heal himself and boost his speed to an insane amout (even yi gets jealous).

He certainly isn't the tower-pusher / backdoor type of champ and he doesn't really shine in teamfights but if your team understands the way of the Mundo he is an (uncounterable) enemy. Sit back, wait for Mundo to gather all enemies by making them go enrage with HUGE DAMGAGE cleaver and insane heal, and then if they sense a certain kill jump in and overpower them. Simple.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to counter big bad Mundo?

Kind regards.

AlbertHeijn

10-11-2010

U must be playing squishies.
The way to counter mundo is with an even bigger and badder champ(possibly another mundo), let those two duel it out and the losers team surrenders.

Silvester2k

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertHeijn View Post
U must be playing squishies.
The way to counter mundo is with an even bigger and badder champ, let those two duel it out to decide who surrenders.
Last 2 matches me and my team lost against Mundo-crazyness we played:

Nasus (tank),
Garen (tank/dps hybrid),
Fortune (dps),
Lux (AP),
Sona (support).

Yea we lacked some control but it was more of a warm up with each ones favourite champ

HMHS8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

Try with morgana and get exhaust

Adam LKvist

10-11-2010

Ignite, if you dont have it, get it next match but buy Executioners calling and reduce his healing by 50%, get your carry to get Madreds. Kogmaw would be an excellent pick for this

WandaRage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

I play Mundo and i gotta admit that when you build him up at certain stages of the game he becomes pretty unbeatable and just steam-rollers through the enemy team, he wont kill many unless his team are decent and back him up but if they are then the enemy team is pretty much screwed...

UNLESS

..you take Ignite/Exhaust or any Item which reduces healing when hit, also another good method is to drop him low and have him activate his Ultimate, because when i play him i tend to activate his Ultimate as we push rather than when HP is low as this makes him turn into a brick wall which no one can really damage, just need to make sure your ready to retreat or have your team kill them all before it runs out.

Simply Disable him with Snares/Stuns/Slows etc or Watch for him activating this and then run your asses away whilst its active. Then return and kill him.

He's a hard Champion to kill but its not impossible, he has no taunts and his DMG isnt that great provided you keep away from his Cleaver thats his money maker. Always keep creeps between you and his line of sight.

InsaneDanish

10-11-2010

One word: ignite

Hilen

10-11-2010

Take Ignite.

Or ask your dps mate to take executionner calling + bloodrazor.

AxeC

10-11-2010

It's a bit more specific, but I play Kat and her Bouncing Blades can apply healing reduction if used with Killer Instincts. I use that, but it often doesn't achieve much. More useful for fighting Warwick.

Tahoparaszt

10-11-2010

Miss Fortune + Impure Shots + EX calling + ignite = mundo is usless