How can I win Solo/Duo Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMirai

10-04-2012

Just a question. How can I win? I am elo 1000 now.

I have played loads of games. I've finally given up after 5 games.

Game 1) I carry 4v5 while I'm mid, take 2 pentakills, ALMOST won. My Lee Sin jungler says "BACK" because he wants to troll. Then he took down an outer turret instead of nexus. Enemy built against me, gg, we lose.

2) I'm mid once again, I zone a fizz so bad he has 9 cs when I have 180. Enemy jungler ganked 8 times killed me 2 times. My jungler ganked 0 top and mid. I don't know about bot. Okay it's 14 - 28, I finally tell my AD carry to push mid so we can win. Nope, he doesn't listen. OOOOOH They're doing BARON! OH **** NO!!! We're already 14 - 28 WE CAN'T let them get baron... But guess what? THEY GO AND TRY TO FIGHT FOR IT.

What the heck? How can you fight for it when you're so out leveled? I was the only one who even did any damage for a start.

I told them all to push mid instead of going baron, yep, all ignored me. They only know BARON is important. We could have gotten 2 towers in that time they did Baron and penetrated base first.

Not to mention he tried to gank bot once and walked through an enemy ward?

*sigh*... What can I do? I'm with these unskilled players.

I hate junglers who 1) Don't gank, 2) Gank **** by walking through enemy wards, 3) Think they're good when they're not.

CrystalFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

So play a jungler and dont cry about them -.- why didnt u gank if u zoned fizz so much tard

its always the junglers fault that u lose games -.-

Little Monkfish

10-04-2012

1) http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=4904 (I know some stuff sounds silly, but I'd advice you take it serious, just stop playing ranked for the day when you've lost 2 games, it helps soo much)
2) Never rage, flame, whine, demotivate your team in anyway and never ever surrender
3) Look at yourself, not at your teammates. The only way you're going to climb out is if you get better. Get LoL replay and watch yourself back. And with watch yourself back I mean with a critical note. You didn't die to a gank from that toplaner because your teammate forgot to say ss, no, you died to that gank because you didn't watch your map, didn't have wards and was overextended. Don't worry how much mistakes your teammates make, you're not going to change them anyway, worry about your own mistakes.
4) Learn enough roles and champions so you can pick what's needed and can counterpick
5) Learn the general gameflow (when to push, when to baron, when to dragon, how and when to gank, etc)

Oh and understand your jungler, cause it seems to me that you have some misconceptions about jungling, junglers can't gank mid if you zone the opponent, because that means your lane is always automatically pushing because you take creeps and he doesn't. This might help you out: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=4959

xMirai

11-04-2012

He was nocturne. I can zone the enemy and he can still gank.

He can just ult them and I'll instant stun them so they cant move.

Also this jungler didn't hold any lanes or anything. He just sat in jungle killing creeps all day.

And 9 - 180 CS... uhh okay, enemy has no chance to even retaliate if he just ulted him.

Little Monkfish

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMirai View Post
He was nocturne. I can zone the enemy and he can still gank.

He can just ult them and I'll instant stun them so they cant move.

Also this jungler didn't hold any lanes or anything. He just sat in jungle killing creeps all day.

And 9 - 180 CS... uhh okay, enemy has no chance to even retaliate if he just ulted him.
Your lane didn't need help obviously, the chances of getting an actual kill on that fizz were minimal (even if he ulted, the fizz would just run back as soon as the screen turned black, on top of that he was already relatively pushed so as soon as your snare ended he could just go untargatable and then be behind his turret). Now your noct had a choice, help a lane that didn't need help, with a very decent chance that nothing happened (apart from some harass on fizz) and he'd lose lots of xp and gold in the process, meaning later he'd be useless and feed, or make sure that he got stronger so he'd be worth something in teamfights.

Trust me, play jungle for a while, you'll get a totally different view on the role.

fiiif

12-04-2012

People always ***** about the jungle, i was udyr the other day, and 90% of the time lanes were push, and i mean ungankably pushed. i did a few ganks which ended before they started, and the ones that work well were times i flash to start. So i decided to counter jungle hard and farm hard. But all lanes who were pushed got ganked and got mad that they never got ganks.

It annoys me that people QQ about jungler with little to know idea how to play it. what id suggest is you stop qqing, jungle, and learn why you cant gank all the time especally on a lane that is ZONED!!!! **** me you need to learn to play sometimes, and ofc if your zoning a lane youll be gank how dumb are you? I mean come on lol, zoned means he`ll never to a favorable gank due to his postion and also its a ****ing fizz? i mean come your junlger has better things to do then gank a ungankable lane, not his problem that you cannot ward and still get caught out by ganks after the 8th gank. If you know your been camp, play defensively, ward and waste that junglers tim.

Sorry if that came out a bit "mean" but its also true.

GDMiLf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-04-2012

the problem is your only bizzy with mid. for all you know bot top and jungle are way better players than you but opponents are 1 step better than your laners so they lose there lanes couse of that. and dont blame jungler. why want a gank if you zone him. if you zone good you gain huge lvl advantages and items meaning you make the game 4v5 couse there mid is just underlever and underfarmd. you can also figure that you win mid lane so you go gank top and bot than go mid again to win your lane and so on. so you make sure all your lanes win. than it doesnt matter if your jungler "sucks" ore not.

Quote:
I hate junglers who 1) Don't gank, 2) Gank **** by walking through enemy wards, 3) Think they're good when they're not.

i got a slight feeling you think your so good yourself but your not. couse when i win my lane hard i just go bot and top to get some kils and give my top and bottum laners advantage. and treu there are always game that are uncarryble but still. you getting ganked 8 times with 2 kils is just bad warding in your behalf ore bad positioning. couse if you dont see the enamy junlge. he might be in your bushes mid.

tips: ward good for yourself ore your hole team if they dont do it. to help them out.
- win your lane. go help other lanes 2 win theres.
- take wraith of there jungler every time you can. ( less exp for there jungler more for u)
- be polite to your team you gain more from it.
- watch mini map and pling if top ore bot gets ganked. if you get a feeling top is getting ganked by enamy. get your ass over there to counter gank. and maby get kill for kill ore no kill at all. ( this way both teams get no advantage)

gl hf and maybe see you in some games. im at + -1500 elo

Azatis

13-04-2012

Ill tell you how.

Go to a church and pray to end up with decent people and not with day 1 lvl 30 people or trolls or kids.

Then if you are lucky you might win several games ( assuming yourself are decent/good player ) and there you are.

LoL has one of the worst matchmakings in any game. Even pros agree with that and imagine they playing at 2000 elo.

Little Monkfish

13-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatis View Post
Ill tell you how.

Go to a church and pray to end up with decent people and not with day 1 lvl 30 people or trolls or kids.

Then if you are lucky you might win several games ( assuming yourself are decent/good player ) and there you are.

LoL has one of the worst matchmakings in any game. Even pros agree with that and imagine they playing at 2000 elo.
For one game at a given time LoL has a very bad matchmaking system, don't mistake that for the idea that ELO is bad though, cause ELO doesn't take one game into account, ELO is calculated over many games. You CAN influence your ELO, you can't influence the outcome of a specific game. (not enough to feel influential anyway)