Reworking Taric's Passive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiedisticelixer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Taric's passive allows him to recover mana (7.5% of damage dealt) with every hit butt (see what I did there) he does not auto attack much nor has enough AS to make it profitable or a reliable source of mana (when used as a Support or AP instead of AD or Jungler). He's still mana hungry early and often late-game.

He's unable to make full profit of his passive and many Tarics will probably agree with me. Perhaps he could get something like Xerath's passive, but backwards. Instead of getting armor for every xx amount of Ability Power he could get Ability Power or maybe CDR with armor or MR bonus points, or maybe both (looks OP that way though lol).

What do you think?

(Since I really want to see this happen, I'm going to gather every single feedback I get from you Taric-lovers so Riot could check this easily : P)

People's opinion:

tublerONE: "Hmh, dunno. It is a but useless, but what else should he get?" - Perhaps what I suggested from start, a bonus to his Ability Power or Cooldown Reduction as he gets bonus Armor or Magic Resistance. This would help him to fulfil his Tanky-Support role.

Kolbasketball: "It's fine that way it is, but you need to coordinate with your partner. Hit minion--->partnerlast hits." You've got a point there, but isn't it hard to babysit your AD Carry while caring about zoning the enemy champions and warding your lane? Do you play actually play Taric? I'd like to see that synergy with so many tasks in a live game, if I could.

Al the Dead: "IMHO remake killed him. He had very strong skills before but they were balanced by long CDs, during which he actually AA. Now they nerfed the hell out of him so you no longer can just go in battle knowing that you have a heal that makes soraka envy and a stun that can kill cho gath by damage alone.
P.S. Hes also worst farmer of all supports."
Yes! He's indeed like a Poppy Support - he can't farm, plus we don't want that as a Support, we'd rather heal and sit in front of the Carry... His long CDs were somewhat balanced, but I wouldn't like Taric to be everybody's main Support : P I want him to be my secret, glamorous, pinky-armored pleasure!

porps: "Agreed, and i like your idea of him gaining AP from his passive as he gets more armour. Fits well with his tank/support role (which he cant actually fulfil, but he is still listed as a tank support). Although perhaps it has too much synergy with shatter?" Glad you like my rework idea. And yeah! He can't be the Tanky-Support Taric is supposed to be as a glorious Paladin!

Druid Quan: "If you use him as support u dont want to push lanes to use ur passiv so it needs rework i think" I didn't realize that, (Edits)... Hell yeah we don't push lanes! We stun, zone, heal and buff!

Assurhaddon: "His passive atm is one of the worst, yeah. 25% ap -> mr? Would be okay but not viable for taric (too little ap, he has to build support/tank items imo) - AP per XX Health points seems nice, although I'd use a higher ratio (25 for 1000 is incredible low). Like 25/500 HP." I meant the opposite, hehe! As a Tank Taric your duty is to get your Team to shine while taking all this burst damage. With every 10 total Armor or MR, it'd be cool to get 1 Ability Power! (only like 40 if you built 2xx/2xx of both!) - It's a good deal!

Some Taric Guides to get you through the path of the gems:

Taric - All Around Support / AP, Jungle / AD & Tank - It covers everything and in-depth in my humble opinion, from Support (d'uh :D) to Jungling, AP Taric and Tanky Taric!

Taric - Your New AP Carry - A guide exclusively for outrageous gem crafters who want to carry in a unexpected way!

AD Taric: The League's best kept secret. - Shhh... You don't want people to know this little secret! He can be played as an AD Carry although he scales with his AP because of his stuns, extra armor, Ultimate (which buffs him and allies greatly) and solid starting AD.

Kiedisticelixer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Thanks for the upvotes, but still no feedback x)

tublerONE

09-04-2012

Hmh, dunno. It is a but useless, but what else should he get?

Kiedisticelixer

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tublerONE View Post
Hmh, dunno. It is a but useless, but what else should he get?
Something that it's actually useful - although I'd like to see Riot fixing Renekton's Passive before Taric's, Renek's is pretty much broken.

Kolbasketball

09-04-2012

It's fine that way it is, but you need to coordinate with your partner. Hit minion--->partnerlast hits.

Al the Dead

09-04-2012

IMHO remake killed him. He had very strong skills before but they were balanced by long CDs, during which he actually AA. Now they nerfed the hell out of him so you no longer can just go in battle knowing that you have a heal that makes soraka envy and a stun that can kill cho gath by damage alone.
P.S. Hes also worst farmer of all supports.

porps

09-04-2012

Agreed, and i like your idea of him gaining AP from his passive as he gets more armour. Fits well with his tank/support role (which he cant actually fulfil, but he is still listed as a tank support). Although perhaps it has too much synergy with shatter?

Druid Quan

09-04-2012

If you use him as support u dont want to push lanes to use ur passiv so it needs rework i think

Kiedisticelixer

09-04-2012

Maybe AP per XX Health points? So, after achieving, say 1k bonus HP (a Warmog, for example) you get like 25(?) extra AP.

As porps said too, he's supossed to be a Support and or Tank, and he can't actually fulfil both roles, so either working on his passive then changing Shatter's bonus Armor with Magic Resistance could work, and would even let him Mid lane!

Who knows what can our truly Outrageous Support do if he was buffed (actually giving him what he deserves) just a bit!

Bump for his long hair!

PANZER VOR

09-04-2012

His passive atm is one of the worst, yeah. 25% ap -> mr? Would be okay but not viable for taric (too little ap, he has to build support/tank items imo)

AP per XX Health points seems nice, although I'd use a higher ratio (25 for 1000 is incredible low). Like 25/500 HP.