Best Master Yi Build/runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Markzi

09-04-2012

Hello, I'm not much of a pro at LoL, that's why I seek advice.
I usually build Yi like this:
Doran's Shield
Boots
Phantom Dancer
BloodThirster
Guardian Angel
Infinity Edge

How is this build? Would you recommend something else? Also, late in the game, if I decide to sell doran's shield, what should I replace it with?
And last question, would you recommend going AD, attack speed or critical with the runes?

Random14

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

you are lvl 11, you won't probably need much of tankiness since no one on lower lvls doesn't know **** about countering. your build is good although IE should be 3rd and PD 4th, you can after sell dorans for another bloodthirster or frozen mallet

Mordaine1337

09-04-2012

Yi imho is a champ with tons of builds
You can build like an offtank bruiser,AP carry,ad carry,split pusher,Hybrid AP/AD

Hybrid and Offtank are my personal favourites (with Hybrid you can tank anything with a lvl 5 W,with offtank bruiser you kill but never die)

Your build is AD carry,so you can later swap doran's for something else (maybe Last Whisper if enemy is building armor,else another BT)

LuisReis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...disaster-76154 JUST GOOGLE BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING ON THE FORUMS!

if that one doesn't fit your play style you hace hundreds more builds to do in that website, not considering lolpro.com; leaguecraft.com; solomid.net ..... many more.

Markzi

09-04-2012

Thanks for the replies!
So I guess I'll go with :
Doran's Shield
Boots
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
BloodThirster
Guardian Angel

And later in the game swap Doran's shield for Frozen Mallet.
Thanks for the help

CreekBed

09-04-2012

I would recommend you go:

early:
boots 3 health pots
Phage
dorans blade x2

the reason for boots 3 hp pots is because its a really strong starting item for top lane and with his base move speed and early boots (+ alpha strike escape) he can be really hard to gank top lane. so its safe and has sustain. I would only go shield if you was going to bully the other champ out of lane early and use the extra hp to give you the 1 vs 1 adv. However yi is really weak without items and should no be trading early.

The phage give yi some cc and with his fast attack speed and his ult, phage is a must have early item. no seriously its core item for me.

Early dorans for lifesteal and more HP because your so weak early on. You are a melee champion you cannot build ranged dps items on yi, they will focus you easily and you will die in 2 seconds.

once you have these early items you can start to build things like IE and phantom, Black cleaver. Or if you are losing then build a HP build like phage into frozen mallet and get a atmas impaler.

Karbine

09-04-2012

It is generally not a good idea to start with a Doran's, in some cases however, such as AP Yi you could start with a Doran's ring because you get sufficient sustain from your W, but if you get harrassed out of lane early starting with a Doran's you won't have enough farm for your next item, so generally it is best to start with Boots 3/4 pots or Cloth 5 pots .

Random14

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekBed View Post
I would recommend you go:

early:
boots 3 health pots
Phage
dorans blade x2

the reason for boots 3 hp pots is because its a really strong starting item for top lane and with his base move speed and early boots (+ alpha strike escape) he can be really hard to gank top lane. so its safe and has sustain. I would only go shield if you was going to bully the other champ out of lane early and use the extra hp to give you the 1 vs 1 adv. However yi is really weak without items and should no be trading early.

The phage give yi some cc and with his fast attack speed and his ult, phage is a must have early item. no seriously its core item for me.

Early dorans for lifesteal and more HP because your so weak early on. You are a melee champion you cannot build ranged dps items on yi, they will focus you easily and you will die in 2 seconds.

once you have these early items you can start to build things like IE and phantom, Black cleaver. Or if you are losing then build a HP build like phage into frozen mallet and get a atmas impaler.
he is lvl 11 bro