Pantheon lategame

1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yostie

08-04-2012

Y u so bad?

Compared to riven, talon and fiora.

Pantheon has no defensive mechanism, except block 1 auto attack.
Lategame, I can W and E and then i am dead.

Pantheon is fcking strong earlygame, but he falls of lategame way too hard.

Skelight

08-04-2012

You most likely aren't building him right.

SIMSEdotDK

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelight View Post
You most likely aren't building him right.
You're most likely not aware of Pantheons current state. He IS bad lategame.

Skelight

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMSEdotDK View Post
You're most likely not aware of Pantheons current state. He IS bad lategame.
What, more than a 500 damage q on less than a 4 second cooldown, and well over 1000 damage for full strikes on his E on less than a 6 second cooldown when you build him correctly is bad lategame? Even against a 200 armour tank, deals more than half those damages. Also completely forgetting he also has high damage auto attacks.

The main point I'm making is that he has low cooldowns with high damage.

Also just noticed this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yostie View Post
Lategame, I can W and E and then i am dead.
You aren't playing him right either. Combo is Spear, Stun, attack, Heartseeker strike, attack, attack and by now your Spear will be back up, and Heartseeker Strike will also not be far from being off cooldown, but they really should be dead by now.

Really, this is the exact same attitude people had towards Ryze a few months ago. You would find out quickly that they weren't using his spell combos properly (eg not doing Q-W-Q-E-Q-R repeat) and not building him properly.

510N

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Ye skelight doesn't know what he's talking about.
Seriously, Pantheon is by far the worst end-game character.

Mindbadger

08-04-2012

I kind of agree. It's so easy to dominate your lane as pantheon, but after laning phase, I find it really hard to carry.

If you build damage, you just die far too fast in team fights. If you build tanky, you just don't do enough damage to really be a threat. You are pretty much a walking ult and stun late game.

I've had 2 games of pantheon top in ranked, both times I completely won my lane but lost late game as I wasn't able to do quite enough.

However, I am 8 wins out of 8 games as jungle pantheon. With pantheon in the jungle, you can actually have someone top lane who can carry the game and pantheon has amazing ganks to get your team ahead.

I'm really looking forward to this rumoured future "ad caster" item. Pantheon really struggles with itemization, the incoming nerf of atma's isn't going to help him at all.

TeiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

same deal most AD casters have

lack of good lategame options makes them unable to scale into lategame

Skelight

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510N View Post
Ye skelight doesn't know what he's talking about.
Seriously, Pantheon is by far the worst end-game character.
Just looked at your builds. All I can say is - you're doing it wrong

And also as a side note - if you consistently build Atma's on Pantheon, you are doing it wrong.

Mindbadger

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelight View Post
Just looked at your builds. All I can say is - you're doing it wrong

And also as a side note - if you build Atma's on Pantheon, you are doing it wrong.
I'll bite, how do you build him? Because I find if I don't get at least a bit tanky, I get blown up in team fights. Pantheon doesn't really have any natural escapes, you jump in a fight and you are pretty much stuck in there until either you or they are dead.

As I said, this is mainly due to itemization, if only there was an AD + spell vamp other than gunblade. If you are using your abilities, you can't benefit from lifesteal. If you are attacking to use lifesteal, you aren't doing that much damage.

But I do tend to build atma's on him, with either frozen mallet or warmogs. Chuch in a maw of malmortius and you are pretty tanky with decent-ish damage.

RavagerGR

09-04-2012

All AD casters have bad late games unless super fed. But a new ad caster item was promised to come out soon, back at fiora's patch.

1234511 ... 19