junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rageing Bull

30-03-2012

what are they for and what do they do

Nahemai

30-03-2012

Okay its one of the hardest role in LoL. There Job is to farm in the Jungle on the Neutral Monster Spawns. They dont have a direct Enemy on their lane and they are pretty safe in their own Jungle (your side of the map). Because of that its pretty hard to guess where the enemy Jungler is, he can gang (Attacking a Champion on the Lane 2v1) very easily.

Okay no you would say hey why not make 2 guys top 1 mid and 2 bot and playing without Jungler. But thats not as good as 1 guy Top 1 guy mid 2 guys bot. Because every time u kill a creep you share the Expirience with all Teammate that are near by you. So if you got a jungler he gets 100% EXP from the Jungle and Toplane where only one Champion is gets 100% EXP from the Lanecreeps. Also both get more Gold because they kill more Creeps.

Another reason is that the Red- and Bluebuff (The big neutral Golems with 2 small Lizards on there side) is very important. The Bluebuff gives nearly infinity Mana and the Redbuff does Dmg over time and slows on every Autoattack. If you got a Jungler he can pretty easy make sure nobody of the enemy Team steals these Buffs or he can use them him self to farm/gank better or he can hit the the blue buff nearly dead and let they AP Carry from mid last hit it. (In most games only the first Bluebuff is taken by the jungler all other Bluebuffs go to the AP Carry)

Okay now about the ganks from the Jungler. Think about the Game. 1 Top 1 Mid 2 Bot. If everybody plays good and very defensiv nobody would die, at least for a long time. But the junglers want to win so they start ganking on the lanes. If they happen to kill the enemy Mid lane you own midlanes has a huge advantage. They have more Gold and more EXP. They can kill there direct enemy now much easier in 1on1 and will win the lane. On the other side if you see your top lane is dieing all day long or has problems fighting back you can go to your toplane and kill with your mate the other top player. Now he can fight back or even win his lane again.

SHORT SUMMARY:

1. Ganking your Lanes to make sure your teammates win their Lanes
2. Using your jungle to get EXP/GOLD and Buffs
3. Getting more EXP over the whole Team if you play with Jungler
4. Stealing/make sure getting the big creeps (Blue-,Redbuff, Dragon and Baron)

But before you start thinking hey that sounds good im going to jungle now think about that. If you want to Jungle you need Armor Runes no matter what. Without these you just get to much Damage from the Neutral Monster and wont be any help for you teammates because you fall very far behind in GOLD/EXP. You will need the Summonerspell Smite aswell because without him you wont be able to kill Red/Bluebuff in the early stages and its very important for Dragon/Baron fights.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you ask why you should play 1 Top 1 Mid 2 Bot and not vice versa.

AD Carry on Botlane is always a Champion that is pretty weak and cannot play well alone in the early game. He does the most Damage over a longer periode but hes so weak nearly every other Champion can kill him very fast and easy. Thats the reason why he gets another Champion on his lane, the supporter. He makes sure that he doesnt die and can farm Gold much more. Both Champion on Bot need very much Gold and not as much EXP as the other Lanes. They are bot because the AD carry is very good at killing the dragon and is very good in teamfights with his support. Dragon is bot so they are bot aswell. Another reason is that the sidelanes are longer than the mid lane. Damage over long time needs a longer lane to chase and kill. And 2 Champions get less exp than 1 Champion in a Lane.

Mid lanes are mostly Champions who do very much damaged in a short periode and can stun or cc otherwise. So they are perfect to kill fast and safe without chasing in a short lane. Also they can help very good at Dragon because they are very strong in they early/mid game. Another reason could be that they can farm pretty good under the tower and are near by the Bluebuff which makes them a lot strong if they get it.He needs to play solo on a Lanes because he gets very strong if they get more exp. (Ofc Gold Count to but EXP is very important to them in the early stages of the game)

Top Lane is like we mostly say on their on island. They are far away from all attention in the early/mid game. Baron spwans later (dunno when soming about 10 mins) and they are very far away from dragon which is important in the early game. So despite these to facts Top is playing most of the time 1on1. Now you have to chose a Champion which can make sure not to die against the other Top player + is safe from ganks + can farm good so hes strong in the late game + fits in the team. There could be a broad variation of what is good. But mostly there are Bruisers like udyr, riven, irelia. They are verey Tanky without items have good abilitys to stay in lane but doesnt do so much damage. There job is to kill the enemy AP/AD carry or to protect their own AP/AD carry in the late game. he needs to play solo lane aswell because he need level and gold to get big and unkillable as fast as he can.

I hope you dont mind reading all of that stuff but most people doesnt even know that at level 30 or ranked.

Metzelmax

31-03-2012

They are for winning; They jungle.

Just look above.

Father Tunde

31-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANG3RFiST8 View Post
what are they for and what do they do
They are for jungling and they jungle

I'm sorry I couldnt help myself.

Now for a serious (more helpful) answer, look above

Blodprov

05-04-2012

I think we all should learn how to Jungle.

Legit Korean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

I'm level 15 and almost every time I go jungling people start raging at start telling me to go top/bot and calling me noob and things like that. Is there anything I can do? How come jungling is considered such a good role but nobody wants you to do it ?

ljfa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

In lower levels there rarely is a jungler, so jungling there usually means that someone has to lane 1vs2. As you approach level 30 though, junglers will become more common and eventually necessary.