Gragas Recommended Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stąub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-03-2012

What is up with the recommended items for Gragas on classic mode. Who the **** thought this up and who would play Gragas like that. I can understand when 1 or 2 items on recommended items are things you would never ever build on a champion but this is just so wrong.
Still my greatest fear is that somebody will be playing with this items (and is on my team).

Swiftxyz

29-03-2012

Well I'm pretty sure this hasn't been updated as Gragas was first meant to be a tank, but was reworked into an AP carry, not sure why though.

I did not play LoL when he was a tank, but I have seen videos from people playing him tank as jungler so I guess it was his first role.

g the mastermind

30-03-2012

alots of champions recommended items are bad its not just gragas

also why would u build tanky on champions who have low cc
expect for his one use ult

XJAKUxLOLX

30-03-2012

Ye It should be fixed ;f I have and Idea:
Doran's Ring -> Sorcerer's Shoes-> ROA->Rabadon->Banshee->WotA ?

midnight illusio

30-03-2012

Those recommended items have been around since release, when Gragas was a tank, not an AP carry. Riot just haven't updated them that's all.

Inaphyt

30-03-2012

The reason is this, gragas is pretty much a long range malphite ( his barrels slow attack speed, his ultimate can displace an entire team ) technically gragas is more like galio than like brand or veigar, however his barrels hurt if built ap and he has long range which is why you don't need to build that tanky.

Also he has a melee auto attack which automatically means tankier base stats (this is just a guess but i'm pretty sure) if you're smart you probably want to build him a bit tankier than your average mage anyway due to the body slam putting you in close quarters.

Rawrplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsh View Post
Well I'm pretty sure this hasn't been updated as Gragas was first meant to be a tank, but was reworked into an AP carry, not sure why though.

I did not play LoL when he was a tank, but I have seen videos from people playing him tank as jungler so I guess it was his first role.
Wrong.

He was supposed to be a tankier ap bruiser, but still a carry.
His recommended items were based on AP, were fairly standart ones like rabadons, voidstaff etc.

Though in a patch some months ago they changed it to tank build for some reason.

midnight illusio

30-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrplus View Post
Wrong.

He was supposed to be a tankier ap bruiser, but still a carry.
His recommended items were based on AP, were fairly standart ones like rabadons, voidstaff etc.

Though in a patch some months ago they changed it to tank build for some reason.
Gragas' recommended items were never changed, and your statement makes no sense. If they intended for him to be a mage, they would have given him the "mage" lable, not the "fighter" lable. Also, if you take a look at his dominion recommended items, they are AP items, not tank items, meaning they decided he was better as an AP mage, than a tank.