Support Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindbadger

29-03-2012

Just wondering about people's opinions on this.

His q gives him good harass. W gives him a reliable stun, great for ganks. His passive helps against AD carries. He can use his ult to gank mid lane.

Item wise, you'd either have to stack dorans with your low gold income, then maybe get a brutalizer. Or you could get philo, HoG, boots and then straight into atma's. Atma's would give you some damage from your shurelia's and randuin's, chuck in a maw of malmortius and you have a tanky pantheon with decent damage and utility.

So, am I just trying to find something that isn't there or is this potentially viable for a fun bot lane comp?

MrBr0wnstone

29-03-2012

i dont think it can work unless enemy is uber nab.
you can try fiddle (maxing "e" 1st for harass) from aps
and talon from ads. check yourself

lawlgaming

29-03-2012

the only problem i might see is that his W range wouldn't be big enough i think, if the enemy support would ward the bushes you might not be useful at all, ofcourse i say might because i have never played with it/against it before so who knows it does work.

he can gank mid easily yes that is a big advantage.

Cyganek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-03-2012

As a passionated Pantheon player, I cna tell you that this CAN work.

of course he has no heal and stuff and you MUST score kills, if oyu are going to support as pantheon. Otherwise your damage will be ignorable and dont forget that your stun duration doesnt scale and is at 1 second at all time.

If you stack Dorans --> The main supply of wards will be gone.
If you stack gold items --> Your "Support" will be pretty retarded and useless.

When the game progresses you will lose your utility and damage output if you dont get kills.
Therefore: Any "Troll Lane" can work if the enemy doesnt know how to counter it. But Picking Pantheon as a support.... I wouldnt do that in any real games.

Mindbadger

29-03-2012

Hmm, guess you guys have a point. It might work in a kill lane, say, sion and pan or leona and pan, for double stuns.

Was just curious to see peoples opinions as opposed to inflicting it on some poor normal-queue peeps.

Melonji

29-03-2012

played him, he works nice, but ppl have to know how to

PorkusMaximus

29-03-2012

I thought the strength of pantheon was that he has a strong early game and can snowball from a few early kills... how do you take advatange of that as support without gimping your AD carry?

Plus what happens when team fights start and all you bring to the table is a 1 sec stun?

LeBron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-03-2012

Pantheon is not good, dont try to force him in any lane. Deal with it.

Implicity

29-03-2012

As a supporter as main role, all I can say is that ALL champions CAN support. All you have to do is help your carry get his farm, help your carry and jungle get ganks, help poking the enemy bot lane and zoning them out. I've tried champions like, morgana, ashe and sion.

They all worked out pretty well.

Tibbers

29-03-2012

This has been done a lot at high elo and it does work, I've just woken up so I cannot be bothered to elaborate D;