Corrupted files

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Falcorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-03-2012

Lately I have had a lot of issues with my LoL gameclient (see other threads mentioned at bottom of thread).

today I tried repairing my LoL client again through the repair option in the pre login screen, when I got an unexpected error saying that "C:/Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.93\deploy\assets\storeImages\content\skins" was damaged and couldn't be read. I then decided to try and uninstall the client and re install it but when I tried to uninstall the client it got the same error and left me unable to uninstall it for some reason.

related issues:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=635366

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	erge.jpg
Views:	1552
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	80196  

Ettanin

28-03-2012

Delete LoL manually (delete the LoL installation folder) then install again.

The Falcorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettanin View Post
Delete LoL manually (delete the LoL installation folder) then install again.
tried, does not work "an unexpected error hinders deletion of this folder. Error0x80070091: The folder is not empty."

Ettanin

28-03-2012

Try again with administrator privileges. Make sure the uninstaller is closed (restart your computer to warrant that).

If this fails, then either your file system or HDD is damaged and then you have more things to worry about than just LoL.

The Falcorn

28-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettanin View Post
Try again with administrator privileges. Make sure the uninstaller is closed (restart your computer to warrant that).

If this fails, then either your file system or HDD is damaged and then you have more things to worry about than just LoL.
Restarted computer and tried again, I do have admin privileges, deleting the folder works untill it reaches the folder containing the damaged files "C:/Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.93\deploy\assets\storeImages\content\skins" within the folder and then it stops deleting the folder as I cannot seem to delete the damaged files.

Riot Sherom

Player Support Lead
Player Behavior

28-03-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey there!

Have you tried running a repair install? You can do it clicking in the top right corner button of the game client. It will take some time depending on your computer and connection.

If that didn't help, please submit a ticket to http://support.leagueoflegends.com and one of our agents will help you with this issue.

The Falcorn

28-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherom View Post
Hey there!

Have you tried running a repair install? You can do it clicking in the top right corner button of the game client. It will take some time depending on your computer and connection.

If that didn't help, please submit a ticket to http://support.leagueoflegends.com and one of our agents will help you with this issue.
did you even read the thread?

quote: "today I tried repairing my LoL client again through the repair option in the pre login screen."

Ettanin

28-03-2012

Yes, your file system is corrupted, either by an outage while writing or by defective HDD sectors. Unchangable files and files which cannot be opened are the first symptoms.

Test the HDD surface with software like HDDScan to make sure your HDD does not have any bad sectors. If it has, backup your undamaged data immediately and replace it.

BurniGone

16-04-2013

same problem since 3 days

im nublet

30-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falcorn View Post
did you even read the thread?

quote: "today I tried repairing my LoL client again through the repair option in the pre login screen."
i can't even open the client