Counter Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t0b4cc0

27-03-2012

Hi

Just started a ranked game, i was happy to get mid to be able to pick ryze and keep on my 100% soloQ winrate, but the enemy picked ahri, so i didnt feel too confidant about it.

What can i pick against Ahri? (that does usually well)

mfg t

PS: i picked veigar now xD

II 47 II

27-03-2012

Anything that bursts and/or locks her down well. Veigar is perfect.

k0u

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-03-2012

Ryze counters her

t0b4cc0

27-03-2012

actually veigar did pretty decent after his early weakness (but my team didnt :/ )

ice9js

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-03-2012

Ryze is fine, at least should be. If you don't feel confident, you can always play galio... Ahri can't touch that.
Vladimir or Gragas could work too if you're good with them.

Also remember one thing, in solo queue winning your lane doesn't mean anything. Of course you need to get farm, and if you zone the other guy it will be very hard for him. But if your lane was a farmfest, even if you killed him twice or more, you can find yourself in trouble when the teamfights start.

Ahri is an assassin. And a very good one. One of my favorites to be honest. Though I wouldn't recommend picking her in solo queue, since she will lack in damage and utility against other AP carries, unless you get really really fed.
Otherwise, all of the champions stated above will have much more value then ahri once the teamfights start.

While assassins can be effective in useful in or against certain team compositions, in solo queue you don't really want to play them. You want to play the champions who make it easier for your team to stay together, and break the others up. Ahri can assassinate a carry, but a good Gragas barrel can damage and split the entire team, which can be gamebreaking since the coordination in solo queue is a bit off, compared to team games.

Conflixx

28-03-2012

TBH Ahri is one of the best in solo queue...

Her charm makes her one of the best... Catching people with that is easy because people's coordination is off in solo queue, like the guy above me said. Her mobility makes it impossible to catch, ulti is one of the shortest. Ganking her, even below lvl 6 is impossible with her charm and built in spell vamp.
But it's true she lacks damage if she doesn't get fed, but that's made up with her skill set, meaning that she easily gets out of control when fed and farmed. But not useless when not fed or farmed because she still is mobile as hell and can catch people out of position easily.

But people with anti mobility skills are great vs her, gragas ryze swain veigar etc are very strong. Also people with high burst are strong, but I do not recommend playing LeBlanc vs Ahri... Because a good Ahri will rip LeBlanc apart(charm you when you dash on her and your whole combo is blown away, and after awhile LB gets useless, lacks damage and then Ahri will assasinate LeBlanc)
Or, ofcourse, the anti-caster Talon.

Bby girl

29-03-2012

Twisted Fate...ofc you need skills

meDuplo

20-05-2012

je moeder

ice9js

20-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by meDuplo View Post
je moeder
Nothing beats Belgian humor -.-

dotPeddy

20-05-2012

annie does surprisingly well against ahri.

tbh i think annie is way better than people give her credit for :3