How to beat jax, garen, top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highdea

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achexi View Post
garen is strong early, jax is a duellist. They counter trynd. To beat those champs you either need champs who can out sustain them (vlad yorick etc.) or someone who can poke them (corki vayne kennen etc.) or someone whos just stronger than them early (renekton lee sin shyvana.) Trynd is considerably weak early in comparison to other champs. Way to break it down is that

Garen - kitable, does huge dmg up close early has passive for health regen.
Means unless u can beat him in a close up fight with another bruiser you need to consistantly poke him and kite him.

Jax - kitable yet has leap and stun to lock on, does really only burst damage early, means you need to be careful of your health when hes in range unless you intend to kill him. Champs like vayne and corki are not going to beat him, you need a strong bruiser or a ap carry so he cant dodge your hits.

You get the picture.
This is the most useful post so far, Jax is probably my most played character on TT and in LoL but there a few counters i've noticed whilst playing against them as a challenge, you want to go with something like Kassadin, Teemo or Ziggs, can use Graves too but less useful that the former. Kassadin is certainly one of the best AP carry so just harass and fire everything you have and able to inflict melee damage too when Jax gets close, Teemo, Ziggs and Graves have to use a more harass strategy playing it safe and hope to out sustain/harass Jax out of the lane, if they get stomped well its a straight gank for most lol. Trynd vs Jax is pretty much nigh on impossible if there equal, you walk over, I charge my weapon, leap, dodge, I walk away winner. This is because your melee and a half decent Jax will be build AD/Life Steal so dodge not only avoids all hits deals crazy damage and adds loads of more health.

Mr Quick

05-04-2012

Vayne is a pretty good counter for both those champs top, simply e them when they use their gap closers and q away (if needed) then auto attack them to oblivion.
Garen and Jax counter or provide a very hard matchup for alot of melee champs early on so its best switch with someone who has some good cc to stop them, something that tryna doesnt have.

Jamaican Dude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

if u wanna win a game playing top just get jungle controll and ur unbeatable

ShurikDGF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

07-04-2012

singed is the best against each champ!

Saali

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUNlSM View Post
Sololanes:
Yorick beats garen Vayne beats Garen. Corki could work. Make sure to ward the brush when he's camping it.

Jax:
Garen, Yorick, shyvana, riven, ww, every other casual solotop.

duolane: corki ez vayne with nunu ali taric
I like it when you tell every other casual solotop beats jax. Welcome and try to play against my jax with Shyvana for example .

I'm playing jax, and I'm telling you best way to counter him is to play something that is AP and ranged. Jax isn't beast earlygame, and nearly every AP champ totally outlanes jax. (+1800 3v3 elo Jax talking)

Highdea

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saali View Post
I like it when you tell every other casual solotop beats jax. Welcome and try to play against my jax with Shyvana for example .

I'm playing jax, and I'm telling you best way to counter him is to play something that is AP and ranged. Jax isn't beast earlygame, and nearly every AP champ totally outlanes jax. (+1800 3v3 elo Jax talking)
Yeah I mean seriously half the counters listed here are actually useless against a half decent built Jax. Begining of the game is where you one and only chance is too beat him, for example 20 - 30 minutes in the game is where he becomes unkillable if a good early game is played, get to around level 12 with bloodthirster, zeal and Infinity edge your hitting 800 crits as if this is normal, THATS WITH THREE SLOTS YES THREE. I still have another 3 to go crazy with, Singed is actually quite good if built tank but the armor penetration and a bit of magic resist myself there is no point you coming close lol.

Saali

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highdea View Post
Yeah I mean seriously half the counters listed here are actually useless against a half decent built Jax. Begining of the game is where you one and only chance is too beat him, for example 20 - 30 minutes in the game is where he becomes unkillable if a good early game is played, get to around level 12 with bloodthirster, zeal and Infinity edge your hitting 800 crits as if this is normal, THATS WITH THREE SLOTS YES THREE. I still have another 3 to go crazy with, Singed is actually quite good if built tank but the armor penetration and a bit of magic resist myself there is no point you coming close lol.
I find your build pretty squishy all in glasscannon, you got no defense but your ulti. You should try playing wriggles + trinity force -> and rest situational items (mostly defense) and you become unstoppable.

Highdea

12-04-2012

Yeah thats the point of it lol, but what I meant is thats my half game build, I add wriggles and warmongs to that, occasionally atma's or phrozen mallet im on 3kish life walking around 3 hitting people. Also you have dodge for defence and considering I can kill a champion in my dodge sequence aslong as thats up I don't need defence.

Unfinished Busin

12-04-2012

I prefer to start off with Wriggle's for some more survivability. After that I get my boots (depending on the situation, usually basic boots is second purchase, then finish Wriggle's). Then some damage item, like Hextech Gunblade (awesome on Jax) or Guinsoo's (depends on the situation as well), after that I usually go for Trinity to finish it off - however, game is usually finished by then.

Marubi

13-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUNlSM View Post
Jax:
Garen, Yorick, shyvana, riven, ww, every other casual solotop.

beat them all, if you harras them and outfarm them, they can't do anything about him
2-3 top lane kills, he faceroll the hole team

GG

and then the poor top laner gets flamed and reported for feeding, he can't do naything about it