Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keep disconnecting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TRAIANVS

11-05-2010

I was doing a game with Miss Fortune but before I even reached level 7 I had already disconnected 3 times, despite my internet connection being quite operational. I furthermore had to wait for up to a minute to reconnect, with my internet connection still intact. The third time it happened I was waiting to respawn. This time it took me three tries to reconnect and by the time I did I simply would not respawn (as I am writing this the game is still going and I have been "dead" for over 5 minutes. No wait, I have just been disconnected for inactivity). So anyway, after being disconnected for inactivity I managed to respawn only to find that my team was kind of losing badly. Being only half the summoner level of all our opponents there wasn't much I could do (though during my connection problem I had managed to save almost 2000g) and now my team has surrendered.

OK, now that my team has surrendered after my "inactivity" I can get back to the point. Anyway, every time I disconnected there were still old minion waves trying to kill one last unit who was untargetable and invincible (you know, as if I was still disconnected). At one point one of the enemy summoners (Shaco), or rather his "after-image" or whatever, got stuck in one of those loops. That was very confusing, especially in light of Shaco's ability to create a duplicate of himself.

Long story short I kept disconnecting despite my fully operational internet connection and when I disconnected while waiting to respawn I did not respawn at all until after I had first been kicked out for inactivity and THEN having to reconnect... again. The units that got stuck in a loop while I was disconnected stayed stuck and we ended losing badly.

nevada germ

11-05-2010

Same here

Skateblind

11-05-2010

Me too.