Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Am i good ? Am i bad ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prutruc

03-25-2012

God, i'll never understand. I lost nearly all of my games few days ago (10 on 12) but then i started winning nearly all of my games (21 on 23 games.) Wtf ?

ViktorTroska

03-25-2012

This game has terrible matchmaking!

Bastastic

03-25-2012

Some times when you start losing a lot in a row you get annoyed and thus play worse so you just keep on losing. Then, when you get back to the game you're at a lot lower elo than your skill level so you'll get easy opponents and win your rating back.

Floortje

03-25-2012

The problem with solo queue is that the system should simply match you with opponents of the same rating; balancing out both teams to have an equal fight.

I'm pretty positive this is not what is actually happening - the system is taking 5 people signed up and puts them together to form an average that somewhat matches the opponent; but it takes into account win and loss streak.

If you win too much in a row while solo in mid ratings; you *are* going to place with a lot lower level team members; forming a rating slightly below yours but with a team that is going to lose you your game most likely - you are on your win streak doing well against equals; they are on their loss streak against equals lower than you.

In other words;- in a winning streak and solo queued the game will assume you can babysit players who need a win on their balance card; or in worst case scenario grant you a loss to balance yours - as much as it should "Match you with equal opponents" - the false advertisement was long discovered.

Floortje

03-25-2012

That said;- you will keep experiencing this over and over and over again for as long as you are between 1250 and 1600 rating. solo-queued you will reach win streaks or win-win-loss-win-loss-loss equal streaks until you're doing too good;- then you meet teams that are almost sure loss for about 6 to 10 horrible matches until the game is done ****ing with you, then rinse and repeat

Prutruc

03-26-2012

This is interesting for sure, thanks :=)
I understand a lot better. That said, this is kinda bad organized as a matchmaking... losing because you won rather that losing because you're bad kind of piss me off.

Floortje

03-26-2012

Quote:
Prutruc:
This is interesting for sure, thanks :=)
I understand a lot better. That said, this is kinda bad organized as a matchmaking... losing because you won rather that losing because you're bad kind of piss me off.

It's a simple manner of poor judgement by Riot.

We; as players; know that a single good person can't carry a team no matter how arrogant some obnoxious snots are about it - and we as players know a single bad person can screw up a whole game.

Riot thinks a good player on a win streak is able to carry/help win/be a good asset in a team with lose-streak horrible trollplayers - We know this isn't true - but the matchmaking will place you as babysitter in those games if your win ratio at equal balance shows positive++

The only way to evade that is to team up with friends and go premade;- that way you are sure that in worst case scenario you simply meet a team that is better than yours.

Svinch

03-27-2012

Quote:
Prutruc:
God, i'll never understand. I lost nearly all of my games few days ago (10 on 12) but then i started winning nearly all of my games (21 on 23 games.) Wtf ?

u are lucky.. cuz im just losing nearly all the time (like 15 loses and 2 wins) i dunno whats going on, also at the beginning our team is doing really good but then, after like 5 mins, everyone is just die a lot, and we lose

The King of Swag

03-28-2012

Karma.

Xilioss

01-06-2015

i went from bronze iv to gold 3 but i just cant get out off gold 3 for some reason i win then i lose i win then i lose its like a month the same always a challenger smurf or diamond whatever but its just not fair