Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Viable junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetaL BuG

03-24-2012

Quote:
CrossShade:
Shaco is an amazingly viable jungler. Extremely high learning curve though.

Jungle Twitch pisses all over Shaco. Let's face it: Shaco is ****. I mean unfun to play against but complete ****.

I haven't seen a good Shaco since last box nerf, and at the moment I'm on 5-6 games (ranked) winning spree with my jungle Rat at 1200 ELO. But I have many many many Twitch games, and I still sometimes do silly mistakes, and with that champ there is no place for mistake, esp if u use Exhaust\Smite like me. I gues newbie Twitches fail pretty hard, but he's like the best early game ganker if u can pull it off. Nobody survives the Lvl 2 gank with Red Buff. And if u make it to lategame, and youre fed, **** gets pretty real, pew pew pew pew quadra (unlike Shaco who is a bad teamfighter). Just make sure u build some HP endgame. A Mallet always works.

PS: Oracles are an advantage to ur team, not the enemy, since they have low range, Rat has 900 on his ult, cost 400 ruppies, and dont do jack to reduce Twitch's dmg. "HeY I SEE HIM! Oh, **** he killed me..."
Pink wards can f u up though. High CC team fuks u up too.

Point is, Twitch is pretty strong pokemon when used correctly, it's all mind games with him, I'd say he's balanced but risky, couse it requires a coordinated team, who has knoledge of the stealth playstyle

(yeye the ELO is low but still...)

Btw sup Riot, Eve wants her stun back. Cmon, make her viable again.

Sp00nDuck

03-24-2012

here is a list of all the junglers i think are viable and a (very small) description on them

master yi (build like nocturne)
fiora (build like nocturne or tanky dps that my favourite)
nocturne (build early amor pen for near true damage on autos)
shyvana (great counter jungler)
amumu (pub stomper fastest clear time 3:20)
alistar (pub stomper gank from level 3)
blitz (fun)
gragas(ad-tanky)
jax (viable after latest patch ad-tanky)
jarvan (idealy needs to snow ball but benifits the team)
akali (right team comp needed + the right runes)
lee sin (he is blind)
malphite (was flavour if you have to right runes he is still viable)
maokai (ganks are certain kills)
poppy (OMG THESE GANKS ARE INSANE)
pantheon (gank after blue, mainly harras lanes to give them easier gma)
shaco (broken)
trungle (pillar will always determine team fights
voli (just build HOG, Philostone, warmog, frozenmallet, sunfire then anything else )
twisted fate (tricky start amazing ganks)
nautilus (movespeed quints or gold quints either way these ganks are amazing
fizz (ad runes and maseries then you can build ad or ap in game amazing counter jungle)
urgot (after the blue nerf he stuggles but the ganks are broken-play more like a roamer)
skarner (movespeed quints and red buff)
ww (though he is better solo top)
twitch (tricky but good)
corki (odd start good ganks, but really shines late game essentially giving your team 2 high damage carries)

EDIT i missed udyr (stand dance baby)
also i missed out a few of my personal favourites because i thought this list was getting too long

i feel these are all viable if played well and these are all dependant on team comps and build, if you are interested in jungling any of them and need help message me in game and i can give you pointers

Kazzz1g

03-24-2012

Udyr is easy, just faceroll on kayboard over the stances

Cmd Logout

03-24-2012

if you want some difficult but fun jungling you can try renekton , it's taught , you must recall after you do wraiths , red and golems (care at golems u need second smite cooldowned on the big one) but it's fun , awesome ganks : dash and stun ... well i don't recommend it on high elo but it's fun .... another one could be xin , easy jungle with him , good ganks and damage but you need good runes for him like seals of armor ... i didn't replied with : lee sin or rammus or udyr because those are well known junglers so it's pointless telling you about it

Sebob

03-24-2012

SHaco, ww, udyr, skarner, maokai, alistar, jarvan, leesin, olaf, rammus, shyvana, mundo, GP, Trundle, Malphite, Noct, Shen, Pantheon, Twitch, amumu, Volibear.

These are prety much it.

Linkar

03-24-2012

I have been trying Ahri jungle with a hybrid build and i would say she is vey good! =D
She has a real good ganking potential with his long range taunt + ulti from where u can't escape ^^

Sebob

03-24-2012

He asked for viable junglers and everyone is like, blitz and khartus and gragas and ahri.
Made me lol

Grev Axel

03-24-2012

pantheon is the most fun in my opinion

notforeveryone

03-24-2012

why is Jax never mentioned? he isnt bad in the jungle.

Sebob

03-24-2012

Jax pretty good aswell