Runes and masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HenryIII

23-03-2012

Someone can explain to me the utility of runes and masteries? I thaught tha were helps for increasing your performance.
But it happens that there are some summoners who, without any runes and, somtimes, masteries, are very strong since first level and their match hystory reports 10 victories with different champions.
So, or runes and masteries can be throw away, or someone uses the client's files of runes and masteries for cheating.

Severezz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-03-2012

Runes and masteries exist to improve your gameplay.
It is thanks to my runes and masteries I can have ~30 armor pen at the start of a game, helping me deal more damage or jungling. Some junglers for example can only jungle if you have the right runes/masteries.
Also, if your enemy has the bonus exp. gain mastery and you don't, he will outlevel you very fast, leading to your loss (likely). The good hands mastery can even turn the tides of games (-% death timer).
And so on, and so on

HenryIII

23-03-2012

And bonus exp have to be purchased at shop? a nice scam. So if I don't want to buy I'm weakker than who spent money!