Anivia - Reduce mana cost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AegisTitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

21-03-2012

Anivia could use a mana cost decrease, she already was a blue-buff champion, bit now even with blue-buff its hard to sustain a team fight with maxed items and 2 AA staffs, it just drains too much mana. Not even talking about early game, for those who take tear of goddess too early lose too much burst damage @ lvl ~7-9

RiP Tywin

21-03-2012

Actually Anivia is one of those champions that have very high base damage, just like Cassiopeia.

That's why they could be played very tanky (wota revolver warmog spirit visage) and still dish out very strong damage.

Lé Vexalon

22-03-2012

Anivia only needs a speed buff. And her wall needs to be fixed, far too many champions glitching through it. And far too many champions can dash through it with their built-in flashes without incurring any slow or damage. For a spell that costs alot of mana, high CD, and no damage it sure is easily countered, and its not a full def item either, because even if anivia blocks a chasing opponent, she is still too slow to outrun them. You arent playing anivia right if you are running out of mana on a regular basis. Blue buff solves the problem, if you have ult out ALL the time, then that explains why you are running out of mana with blue buff. She can farm perfectly with Q, and her ult can finish minions very quick, you might be too slow is switching your ult off.
The mana costs are high, though they can be said to match the damage her spells are able to dish out. Possible double damage on two of her spells, + slows + AOE stun. Alot of value to her spells. Frostbite mixed with Q or R is very deadly, and only 90 mana cost at lv5. Very small CD on E too.

I do believe the damage her ult dishes out per second should go up though, or perhaps mana cost reduced per second. Ive seen AP yi heal faster than he can be damaged while inside anivias ult. And that sucks coz anivia is constantly losing mana using an ult, and yi is using a regular spell. Also, because she runs out of mana, she has to go back, however she is too slow to get back into the fight. She is unable to remain in teamfights for too long, and neither can she get from A to B quickly. Hence i believe she needs a speed buff. Remember her Q spell speed trajectory is also very slow compared to other champions, which makes landing the double hit on hit much more difficult. Slow speed + slow spell speed means her Q spell is easily dodged, and the chances of landing the double hit is harder. Its a expensive spell if its not doing what its capable of. All the more reasons for her movement speed to go up.

ElZeki

22-03-2012

Anivia is a forgotten champ (No skins, no fixes on her wall, no nothing). You have to be ultra-skillful to play well with her. Her wall is a useless skill since everyone can go through it (Lots of bugs, dashes, flashes, etc). I dont want to talk about her movement speed... since I dont want to loose my time in something that lots of people have said before me.

The only thing we can do is wait for Riot to hire someone interested in anivia, since the current staff dont care about this champ.

luciferswrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-03-2012

And skin spammed champs like kata and akali arent forgotten? or this isnt the day of the month u guys QQ over them?
Anivia is ok, a champ that requires skill to play and not just faceroll like ryze, cassio, ziggs...then again after the vlad nerf its clear the lol comunity would just want more karthus ultimate style of gameplay.

no pattern

22-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciferswrath View Post
And skin spammed champs like kata and akali arent forgotten? or this isnt the day of the month u guys QQ over them?
Anivia is ok, a champ that requires skill to play and not just faceroll like ryze, cassio, ziggs...then again after the vlad nerf its clear the lol comunity would just want more karthus ultimate style of gameplay.
Why would i play a champ that needs ten times more skill than,say a ryze,and rewards 10 times less than ,say a ryze?

Anivia`s mana costs are way to high. 1 combo cycle and it drains 75% of mana,even at 30 minute mark. Late game you could do a couple more cycles,before you need to b AGAIN just for mana.

Bossietj

22-03-2012

She needs a rework. I especially have problems with:
1. Her movement speed.
2. Her wall (Nice buff would be: she is the only champ that can fly over the wall...she is a bird, right?)

AegisTitan

Recruiter

23-03-2012

here's my anivia scores, although it's with guaranteed blue buff threw whole game and soraka in team. W/o soraka mana ends wayy too fast.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	79470  

RiP Tywin

23-03-2012

Them dislikers !

Just see Froggen's Anivia build, he actually goes for warmog.. You can't afford that on champions that need ap before they can deal good dmg.

TBH I already find her annoying enough, I won't cry because she's underplayed. She can be such a pain in the right hands..

Extropica

06-11-2012

Yes Anivia really can be, very usefull on right hands. And in my view she is one of the most balanced champions the league has ever seen. I've played leauge of legend for one and a half years and can't remember about a single buff or nerf on her. Her mana costs are high, but there are ways to manege that. The only thing that hurt was the nerf on the blue buff.
Now I want to give you my view about some things I read in that chat.

Forgotten: Yes, like mentioned no changes at her and even no skins. You will rather see 3 new Teemo- or Yi skins being revealed than one new Anivia skin. I saw chats suggesting a fire- or even a galactic Anivia skin, seem to be pretty nice thought.

Mana costs: Actually froze flash is the most annoying spell, if it is about mana costs. Until lvl 6 I really try to avoid using abilities and prefer last hitting which isn't easy with that char. Lowering q a bit only would be nice, the rest seems to be ok. I deal the mana issue with an chalice of harmony a tear of goddess and a catalyst at early game. building Athene's and Rod next.

Quote:
for those who take tear of goddess too early lose too much burst damage @ lvl ~7-9
Exactly that seems to be the problem, Anivia shouldn't be a burst char at the beginning rather a farmer with nice utility. Than she could have a nice burst.

Wall: I also don't like to see how many chars can go trough it. The most annoying action is when you seem to dodge blitz's grab, but it doesn't effect. However the wall itself can be very useful: you can see in bushes (especially in laning stage) and effectively split the enemy team.