Twitch, Tristana, Teemo.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TopHatCat

04-11-2010

Out of these three T's, who do you believe I should grab with my spare Riot Points?

Iv had alittle play with both Twitch and Teemo, they seem similar on paper, both ranged, both DoT's, but ofcourse they are very different in play... well, were until Teemo was forced AD.

But I digress, I'm looking for a nice Ranged AD champ and I'm unsure of who to pick, could you run me through the general strength/weaknesses of each of these three and who you, personally, would pick.

I get the feeling it's going to be Twitch, with all of his so claimed OP'ness, but I'd like to hear your opinions as iv had little experience playing the three.

Thanks in advance!
You're friendly Top hat wearing Cat.

Katzura

04-11-2010

I'd get Twitch as he is the one that costs the most IP.
Tristana you can get by getting the facebook skin (if you get the skin, you unlock the char).
and then get teemo with IP if you want all 3 :P

TopHatCat

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzura View Post
Tristana you can get by getting the facebook skin (if you get the skin, you unlock the char).
...You can get her for free? Awesome! I need a fake facebook account, fast!

/EDIT: Awesome, just got her for free, thanks for the advice! Didn't know, would have thought you'd have to buy her THEN get the skin, nice one.

And I probably could get all Three (infact I already own Twitch), but I'd still like to know each ones play style/if they are fun etc etc :P Just want to hear peoples opinions. I can never decide who to play...

Natriumon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2010

Teemo is the best ward in the game atm as someone else stated. Put an oracle's on him and you have a permanent vision ward!

Seriously though, you shouldn't buy a champion based on their OPness or anything but on their funfactor. I bought Twitch some months ago. First time you'll play him you'll probably suck a bit. Then you learn to position yourself, you get a quadra kill every 10 matches or so. But was it fun for me? Nah not really, he's boring as **** to me.

When i see a teemo in my team he always seems like a really fun champ to play. I always laugh when my teammate gets a kill because some idiot ran through the jungle with low HP into a mushroom. But his damage is rather pathetic.

He has no real escaping mechanism, only his speedbuff. But since 90% of the champions in the game have at least ONE ranged skill, it will be turned off in a sec. And there you are, a little chipmunk who can blind his foe and shoot tiny darts for hardly any damage. Maybe put a shroom down to slow 'em but one slow or stun on you and you are meat.

Twitch has the same survival issues. The difference with Twitch is that it's actually justified because his damage is SICK. If you manage to get 6/0/3 early game you will get your camcorder and tape the crazy **** that will be going on. I remember i 2-shot level 18 Kassadin with my uberfed build.

Conclusion;
Do you prefer a funny, cute and furry mouse or a stinking aggressive rat with a horrible accent (he sounds more like a snake, hissing all the time). Rat will be raping with Tommyguns. Mouse will be cuddles and trying to be a better ward than the enemy Teemo.

p.s. Regarding future patches; "Twitch is OP"-threads are getting more common, which usually result in a nerf (big or small). Teemo is considered a ****ty high-ELO champion so chances of him getting buffed are present though not likely in the near future.

DrlKf

04-11-2010

Twitch is the most reliable investment in the game IMO. If you take some time to practice he's really fun to play, and he actually is a win factor in games when he's doing well.

TopHatCat

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natriumon View Post
Conclusion;
Do you prefer a funny, cute and furry mouse or a stinking aggressive rat
And what about Tristana? ^^
As iv said, I do own Twitch but never really played him (Main reason is I don't have all my rune slots yet and he seems very dependent on full teir 3 runes), and once tried Teemo whilst we was a free weekly, but that was before his AP build was changed to AD last patch.

However iv never tried the hyper little cannon-ess. Iv seen she has a nice escape/chasing ability but beyond that I don't know a whole lot outside of reading her abilities and checking afew strategies on the Wiki, no idea if she's fun either :P

Natriumon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatCat View Post
And what about Tristana? ^^
As iv said, I do own Twitch but never really played him (Main reason is I don't have all my rune slots yet and he seems very dependent on full teir 3 runes), and once tried Teemo whilst we was a free weekly, but that was before his AP build was changed to AD last patch.

However iv never tried the hyper little cannon-ess. Iv seen she has a nice escape/chasing ability but beyond that I don't know a whole lot outside of reading her abilities and checking afew strategies on the Wiki, no idea if she's fun either :P
Tristana was one of the first champions i bought. Then they came with the facebook **** one week later so that kinda sucked hehe. But ye i didnt mention her because i thought you were limited on your IP amount and since she's free i left her out of the post.

But ok. Here goes nothing.

Tristana is a typical carry. You will need loads of farming, a decent amount of kills/assists and a decent itembuild. Her passive is one of the best for a ranged carry, it gives her the biggest autoattack range from any ranged DPS.

Not only does she not have to be at the frontlines, she has Rocket Jump, which has a really huge range and refreshes everytime you kill something. And killing ppl is the main reason to play a carry so it will probably be up everytime you really need it.

Her Q is also a perfect carry skill, it increases her attack speed up to 90(!!!)%. 90% is HUGE. This is the reason why Madred's Bloodrazor can be amazing on her, it is the reason why you can forget about attack speed items and focus purely on damage.

She is one of the best farmers, her E will decimate creeps in seconds late game because you will kill creeps in 1-2 hits. After 3 creep you will have destroyed the entire wave thanks to your explosions. E is a decent harass skill, a weaker form of ignite but pretty useless lategame.

Her R... can be awesome. Or it can really get you pissed off. It happens sometimes that you blast people through walls accidently or they run past you during the animation and you blast em into their own team. I usually used it to save my ass when Jax or so jumped me and at early game you can blast arrogant pushers into your turret, possibly getting you a kill. The damage R does is ignoreable. Your autoattacks will be so fast and dealing so much damage that you really dont need the little nuke it gives. It's awesome for saving teammates too and it has a slight AoE range so you can actually push multiple enemies away.

TheF4ller

05-11-2010

words from a noob:

tristana can be built AP or AD... but ppl will ask you to do AD, or call you a noob for doing AP.
If you go AP, your skills will be reliable damagewise, specially the ult. If you go AD, then your skills will be usefull damagewise in early/midgame, then their usefullness will be based on matters of convenience (like W for slowing down running enemies, or ult just to knock some1 into the turrets, or simply headshot). However, as AD your passive (+range every lvl) will be more worthwhile, for example you can start to harrass at lvl 6-8 champs bellow towers by shooting and going back every time, simple harrass in the lane, or in some situations in endgame, aswell when u want to harrass the 3 guys guarding the outer-nexus-tower(?), with your shots doing some good crits above 600 at least.

but aS I said, im just a noob, maybe some ppl can say better stuff about her

EDIT: like the post above mine

Natriumon

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF4ller View Post
words from a noob:

tristana can be built AP or AD... but ppl will ask you to do AD, or call you a noob for doing AP.
If you go AP, your skills will be reliable damagewise, specially the ult. If you go AD, then your skills will be usefull damagewise in early/midgame, then their usefullness will be based on matters of convenience (like W for slowing down running enemies, or ult just to knock some1 into the turrets, or simply headshot). However, as AD your passive (+range every lvl) will be more worthwhile, for example you can start to harrass at lvl 6-8 champs bellow towers by shooting and going back every time, simple harrass in the lane, or in some situations in endgame, aswell when u want to harrass the 3 guys guarding the outer-nexus-tower(?), with your shots doing some good crits above 600 at least.

but aS I said, im just a noob, maybe some ppl can say better stuff about her

EDIT: like the post above mine
I have seen people dominate with Tristana as AP. But why for the love of god would you play Tristana then? She is MADE to be an AD carry, just look at her Q, passive, farming ability and escape methods.

AP Tristana means you can jump them with W, hit them with ulti and hit them with lichbane or something for the time being. Oh and you can put E on them for mediocre damage.

Try out Kassadin. He has a ranged singletarget spell that silences (0.7 AP ratio), AoE Cone-shaped spell with high damage and 5 sec cooldown (0.8 AP ratio) and the highest range blink spell in the game, probably larger than tristana's jump. It has a cooldown of 3 seconds, compared to tristanas 15+ seconds cooldown.

You can kill things with AP tristana but in higher-ELO you will probably get raped by pretty much anything. (Don't forget that by using rocket jump for damage you have no way of escaping anymore. Misjudge once or watch enemy teammates pop up out of the bush and you can do nothing)

Ragnokos

Recruiter

05-11-2010

Tristana is alot of fun to play, not too much tho..

Twitch... As soon as the other team gets Oracle and the champ using it stays behind in every group-fight you're useless. Twitch needs his advantage of stealth to survive and make kills

Teemo.. My main champ. Is one lovely squirrel. Strong as hell, quick as a lightning, punishing like the grim reaper. Stack attack speed and attack damage and you'll rape their asses in no-time, tank in opposing team?, Madreds Bloodrazor is the way to go :P. Spamming shrooms everywhere possible and trick them into them, that can turn the tide for every encounter.

For example:

I met Morde last night, i got him down to about 50%HP when he suddenly harassed me PRETTY WELL!!, i was down to about 10%HP. I had lietteraly a FORTRESS of shrooms ahead of me, so i ran, he ran into the first, he dropped to about 45%HP, the next he dropped to about 40%HP, loosing a percentage of HP for every shroom that i tricked him into. Me having The bloodthirster got a few hits on him since he was slowed and i had my Move Quick activated, soon enough i had changed the tide, he had about 25%HP while i had stolen HP and used pots leading me to have about 50%HP by then.. Who was the one who got ganked? ^^, not the Swift Scout at least