How to counter Shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CatFacts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-03-2012

I can't counter him when using a melee champion at solo top.

I just have no way to lasthit minions without him constantly throwing his Q at me / taunting me and negating my farm. If I try to stay out of range, I get no farm at all and will lose the tower because he has a lot better items than me.

If I try to attack him, he heals too much from his Q, absorbs the damage I do with W, and makes me unable to do anything with his E. Combined with his passive - I can't do anything without a gank.

It has come to the point where I refuse to play solo top because I'm afraid the enemy team picks Shen (in normal blind pick).

Anyone knows how to counter him?

Cpt Vanilla

18-03-2012

Play Warwick against him. He'll poop on you early, but by level 5-6, tides begin to turn. Try tricking hes shield(by running up to him making him pop hes shield, if he dosnt, you just got a free q harass) - do that everytime he goes for a minion(Glacial shroud is a great item on ww, i'd say its mandatory for him earlygame)

As most shen's build hp, you benefit even more from it as ww. when hes low enough, call for your jungler or just solohandedly kill him. harass him hard with your q(while still tricking hes shield) then just combo him with Q + R + Ignite + Q(if hes low enough, its a sure kill.) Try not doing that with hes jungler nearby tho as it might be a bait.

And I'm sorry if you dont understand what i just wrote, im kinda on the go

Sincerely,
Cpt Vanilla

Eversoris

18-03-2012

I suggest try galio you have a decent burst can heal back and best of all you only need to build mres to negate his Q or Ki strike while still keeping a normal build.

best of all? above lvl 6 if he ULT to help some lane you can dive to him and counter ULT to taunt him and negate his teleport with the good side your Ult has lower CD

PinoCrodino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-03-2012

WW for me also. A bit cautios for the first levels, then totally zone him when your Q is level 2. Let him waste his shield and get touched only by his flying sword skill (lol).

SirTiger

19-03-2012

Nidalee also counter a Shen right after lvl 4 :-)

nikkaplz

19-03-2012

Just pick a champion that can outsustain him.

PinoCrodino

19-03-2012

Shen is a bit OP, but only on teamfights.
I don't know. I went WW, Fiora, Morde and GP, and everytime I destroyed him badly. Make him waste his shield with a poke, then just harass; he'll end up farming with his Q and trying to survive.

Cojoni

Recruiter

20-03-2012

Nobody can really beat Shen 1v1 in lane. You can only outsustain or outpush him.

GP? I don't know, never met one who beat me. I just feel that Shen has more Sustain and more harassing power than GP, especially early on - I kinda think of Shen as "GP 2.0". They shouldn't be able to kill each other.

I never faced a Fiora but I can see it working - I don't know if her W blocks Ki Strike though (it surely doesn't block Vorpal Blade). And as soon as Shen uses his Ult, she's gonna get that tower down.

Mordekaiser is tough to deal with. Hard to go through his shield, as Shen has only small bursts of damage. Morde will definately push Shen to his tower and eventually outfarm him. Shen will basically be denied of his Ultimate as he will lose half of his tower everytime he uses it.

Lanewick? Similar to Mordekaiser - but probably better. Tough early game, but he can't be pushed out of lane as the game goes on. He can't kill Shen but should outsustain him and be able to pressure his turret - but well, that's just Lanewick vs anybody ;-)

Dragon Sabor

20-03-2012

I think Trundle can slay a shen.

Inaphyt

20-03-2012

Lately i've been playing heimerdinger against shen and it seems to work out nicely if you play correctly if uninterrupted by junglers i'm pretty sure heimer beats shen.

For a start you can blind him, if he dashes you well you should be in the middle of 2 turrets hit R he takes a ton of damage, your micro missiles hurt him for more than he can heal.

Just an idea seems to work for me so far.