Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champ Suggest] Genso - The element hunter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragorune

03-13-2012

Champion spotlight - youtube video
http://youtu.be/amYoZxV_zH0

This is my new champion Genso - The element hunter:
Is he unique? yes most definitely. What makes him unique? His passive is what defines him, it gives him innate mobility, however without it being OP. In combination with his skills he has great synergy and really looks like an awesome melee assasin mage.

At the moment I don't have good name for his passive yet, so I'm asking if somebody does have good name and I also would like to know what you think of him. Also I would be honored if someone would like to make a drawing of him

The numbers presented here are NOT final and require public feedback for proper balancing.
However please give constructive feedback.

Any sugestions what so ever, even for creating a whole different ability, different numbers, others names, they are welcome, certainly if they are constructive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Base stats and Tags:
Health : 3 out of 10
Attacks : 5 out of 10
Spells : 9 out of 10
Difficulty : 7 out of 10

Tags:
Mage, assasin, melee, stun, mobility

Stats:
Health: X (+ X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X HP
Damage: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X dmg
Attack speed: 0.X (+ X% per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X AS
Range: 150 melee ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 150 range
Armor: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X Arm
Magic Resist: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X MR
Health regen: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X HP/5
Mana regen: X (+X per lvl) ~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: X HP/5
Movement Speed: 320 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> lvl 18: 320 MS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abilities:

All his skills use Orbs thus the naming (Orbis) something, but in the skill-naming ingame this should be left out for shorter names.

Passive (innate), Sycophasm:
Genso has 1 specific orb around per ability that's off CD(the ult changes this a bit), these orbs can be at a maximum distance of 300 range from you.
By double tapping a skill key you dash to that specific orb after which the orb will stay right beside you and every 2 seconds move 75 range further away untill max range.
When a skill comes off CD the orb of that skill will be placed at 300 range (unless it's already furtheraway this can only happen with the ult active).
This has a shared CD of 4 seconds and costs 75 mana. (This CD is unaffected by CDR)
when dashing to an orb all enemies hit by the dash will receive 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.4 AP) magic damage (depends on skill lvl).
Orbs will always be at fixed positions (depending on the direction you're facing) from you regardless of walls, if an orb is at the other side of a wall you can go through the wall however increasing the shared CD by 2 seconds.
For the placement of the orbs see the following image:
http://imageshack.us/a/img525/2641/lolorbs.png

Q, (Orbis) excutientem fulgur:
Throws your lightning orb at an enemy initially damaging him and all enemies it passes through on its way by 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.3 AD) physical damage and doing 45/60/75/90/105 (+0.6 AP) magic damage over 3 seconds to your targtet, in which time it can be reactivated again to dash to the orb and break it, stunning the enemy for half of the remainder of the 3 seconds but stopping the damage over time.

Extra effect when dashing to your lightning orb, stuns all enemies hit by 0.75 seconds.

CD: 10.5/10/9.5/9/8.5 seconds
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cast range: 650
Dash range: 750

W, (Orbis) infectum aqua
Absorb your orb and gain a shield for 1.75 second which neglects the damage of the next attack or ability healing you for 10/15/20/25/30% (+1% per 50 AP) for the damage that would have be done (caps at 20% of you max health). If the shield was destroyed in that time your auto-attacks will now reduce your enemies MS by 5% and AS by 10% stacks 4 times and stacks last 2 seconds, the effect lasts 3.5 seconds.
All enemies hit by the orb when its travels to you receive the following effect as well.

Extra effect when dashing to your water orb, slows all enemies hit by 35% and blinds them for 1.25 seconds.

CD: 10 seconds
Cost: 95 mana
Range: self-cast

E, (Orbis) ignea ignis:
throws you fire orb at target location dealing 40/75/110/145/180 (+0.6 AP) initial magic damage and 15/25/35/45/55 (+0.15 AD and +0.1 AP) per second in that area, this area last 3 seconds. When you yourself stand in that area you auto-attacks deal an extra 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.7 AP) magic damage over 2 seconds, when you walk out of the area you attacks will have this affect for another 3 seconds. Upon continuasly hitting the same enemy the effect does not stack only refresh it's duration(thus only extending the duration).

Extra effect when dashing to your fire orb, Decreases the Arm and MR by 10/15/20/25/30 for 2.5 seconds.

CD: 9.5 seconds
Cost: 55/65/75/85/95 mana
Radius: 350 range
Range to center of AoE: 500

R, Verum orbes
Passive: increases max range orbs can be from you by 75/150/225 range.
When you have an Q orb around you, your AS is increased by 15/25/35%
When you have an W orb around you, your AA's heal yourself for 20% of your AP over 2 seconds
When you have an E orb around you, your AA's decrease the enemies MR by 10/20/30 for 1 second.
(orbs are lost/destroyed upon skill activation, normally you receive them when a skill gets off CD, however the activation of the ult changes that.)

Active:
Lets you place 2 super orb, to which you will be able to dash if you try to dash to an orb that you don't have around yourself any more. When walking through or dashing to them all orbs you don't have around will be recharged at full distance.
As long as one super orb keeps existing your base CD of all your spells will be decreased by 1/1.5/2 seconds.
When an ability comes of CD the corresponding orb will be placed at 450 range from you (unless you already had one that was futheraway)
The super orbs last 8/12/16 seconds.
(dashing to super orbs has no CD)

Also increases max range orbs can be from you by another 0/75/150 range.

CD: 120/90/60 seconds
Cost: 100/150/200 mana
Range to super orb placement: 1000
Range to dash to a super orb: 550/625/700

Thoughts and explanation behind abilities:
Passsive:
Q:
W:
E:
R:

Sounds:

Upon selection:

Also at random times:

When casting ult:

attacking:

casting Q:

casting W:

casting E

casting R:

Joke 1:

Looks of the champion itself:

Looks of the abilities:
Passsive:
Q:

W:

E:

R:

Story: (credits go to Clawfer)
Genso - The Element Hunter
In the ancient times, a great race lived. They were spiritwalkers, warlocks, paladins, harbringers of chaos and purity.. And there were the elemental lords. They were four, at first. Earth, wind, fire and water. They had champions too, and they fought eternally. The element of earth was damaged greatly by their constant battles, enough to weaken her resolve to the brink of destruction, her champion noticed, and rallied the other champions to defeat the elemental lords. They were imprisoned, having given most of their power to their fighters in order to win, and were sealed off to never see the light of day again. But time heals all wounds, as they say, and one dark day, they woke up again. Still not able to free themselves, they needed someone to help them out, and that was where a mischievous trickster known as Genso heard about them. He travelled far and wide, in search of their spirits, and as he finally got an answer to his prayers, they talked to him. He convinced them to give their powers to him, and he would free them, and in private, speaking of how just -they- would rule the world. When they finally agreed, he simply walked away, having earned his powers fair and square, he had tricked the elements.*
*He walked on the countryside, appreciating the sights, and trying out his new skills. Casually strolling in Demacia, he was not soon noticed by the League, and was called to join. He gladly accepted, realising this stroke of luck would not end in quite awhile.

"It seems anyone can subdue the elements to their will nowadays.." - Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Quote:
FAQ

Special thanks to:
- Clawfer, for making the awesome story, check out his thread: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=699188

Also please take a look at my other champions:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=573689

Dragorune

03-14-2012

Update log:

Patch 2:

Quote:
R, Verum orbes
When you have an W orb around you, your AA's heal yourself for 20% of your AP over 2 seconds
When you have an E orb around you, your AA's decrease the enemies MR by 10/20/30 for 1 second.
(orbs are lost/destroyed upon skill activation, normally you receive them when a skill gets off CD, however the activation of the ult changes that.)

Active:
Lets you place 2 orb trianlges, to which you will be able to dash if you try to dash to an orb that you don't have around yourself any more. When walking through this triangles or dashing to them all orbs you don't have around will be picked up.
As long as one orb of one triangle keeps existing your base CD of all your spells will be decreased by 1/1.5/2 seconds.
The orbs of the triangles last 8/12/16 seconds.
(dashing to triangles has no CD)

Range to triangle placement: 1000
Range to dash to a triangle: 550/625/700

To:
Quote:
R, Verum orbes

Active:
Lets you place 2 super orb, to which you will be able to dash if you try to dash to an orb that you don't have around yourself any more. When walking through or dashing to them all orbs you don't have around will be recharged at full distance.
As long as one super orb keeps existing your base CD of all your spells will be decreased by 1/1.5/2 seconds.
When an ability comes of CD the corresponding orb will be placed at 450 range from you (unless you already had one that was futheraway)
The super orbs last 8/12/16 seconds.
(dashing to super orbs has no CD)

Range to triangle placement: 1000
Range to dash to a triangle: 550/625/700

Patch 1 (a small pathc to the passive):
Quote:
Passive (innate), :
This has a shared CD of 3.5 seconds and costs 75 mana.

To:
Quote:
Passive (innate), :
This has a shared CD of 4 seconds and costs 75 mana. (This CD is unaffected by CDR)

Roc Kannon

03-14-2012

Another great hampion you made here! XD

Passive: I LOVE IT! that's it...
Oh and do the orbs grant vision?

Q: Yes good, i like the effect with the passive.

W: I like this shield, so instead of being damage you gain a small heal I find it balanced too!

E: Does what a fiery skill should and that is deal DoT, perfect to me.

R: huh? (active) :P nice passive anyway

Overall a seemingly very fun champ - if we were actually able to play him
I love it a lot keep up with the awesome champion designs

Dragorune

03-14-2012

Quote:
Roc Kannon:
Another great hampion you made here! XD

Passive: I LOVE IT! that's it...
Oh and do the orbs grant vision?

Q: Yes good, i like the effect with the passive.

W: I like this shield, so instead of being damage you gain a small heal I find it balanced too!

E: Does what a fiery skill should and that is deal DoT, perfect to me.

R: huh? (active) :P nice passive anyway

Overall a seemingly very fun champ - if we were actually able to play him
I love it a lot keep up with the awesome champion designs

well as the orbs can't go further away from you than 675 range it seems unnesecary and OP if it grants vision into brush and over wall and such.

So no they don't grant vision.

The passive for the R increases the range orbs can be away from you, instead of 300 range they will now be set at 375/450/525 (and if the ult is active 375/525/675).
The extra effects on your AA's is because you are a melee mage, which does have some decent power in his AA's. This is achieved because of the E and passives on the R.

For the active, it temporarily give you the possibility to cast abilities and almost directly regain the passives from R. This in combination with the CDR makes you able to really spam you abilities, also you gain even more mobility and positioning over the area emphasizing all the great attributes about Genso.

Anyway thanks a lot for the possitive comment

Also how would you feel about a little forum challenge to create other orbs (orb sets of 3) for this champion. in which role changing is allowed and changing the numbers(and ratios) on the passive are allowed but the passive has to stay the same for new sets (the ult could be changed a tiny bit if it's required to better adapt the role).
since at the moment I got ligthning, water and fire.
Riot could even implement something like that, selling the champion with the initial set for 4800 and selling additional orbs or sets for 1350 (or 3150).
Ofcourse certain conditions should be made if the champion could be composed out of single orbs (at the moment not our concern ).
The set of single orbs could be chosen in the champion selection at an extra tab page next to |champion|skins|

Roc Kannon

03-14-2012

I love the skill names too!

Quote:
Also how would you feel about a little forum challenge to create other orbs (orb sets of 3) for this champion. in which role changing is allowed and changing the numbers(and ratios) on the passive are allowed but the passive has to stay the same for new sets (the ult could be changed a tiny bit if it's required to better adapt the role).
since at the moment I got ligthning, water and fire.
Riot could even implement something like that, selling the champion with the initial set for 4800 and selling additional orbs or sets for 1350 (or 3150).
Ofcourse certain conditions should be made if the champion could be composed out of single orbs (at the moment not our concern ).
The set of single orbs could be chosen in the champion selection at an extra tab page next to |champion|skins|

this seems like a good idea :P

I thought of an idea for one orb XD
a Vacuum/gravity orb - throw the ball to a location whilst dealing 40/75/110/145/180 (+0.4 AP) damage to enemy units it passes through. When reactivated you dash to the orb, if enemy champions are in the way, you will take them with you dealing 20/45/70/95/120 (0.5 AD) on impact and when you reach the orb you will damage the enemies again for 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.4 AP).

Yes lots of damage,but only if you position correctly.

The other two orbs then wont wont have to deal much damage, maybe a heal or debuff :P

Zennyo

03-14-2012

looks nice, i like how you incorperated a fifth skill into you passive. giving it a cost and stuff.

a 300+225+150=675 dash every 3.5 seconds is kinda strong though, kass has 700 range on his ult. he also has a cooldown of 7/6/5 seconds and an incredibly high cost. making the cooldown every 15 seconds or so would be better, to balance this could make CDR effect its cooldown.

lastly, i dont really get his title? his skills dont really show how he hunts those elements or uses pure elements to hunt. naming him an element collecter or orb keeper might be a better idea, his lore could be about catching raw element pokemon style (throw an orb at it).

Dragorune

03-16-2012

Quote:
Roc Kannon:
I love the skill names too!

this seems like a good idea :P

I thought of an idea for one orb XD
a Vacuum/gravity orb - throw the ball to a location whilst dealing 40/75/110/145/180 (+0.4 AP) damage to enemy units it passes through. When reactivated you dash to the orb, if enemy champions are in the way, you will take them with you dealing 20/45/70/95/120 (0.5 AD) on impact and when you reach the orb you will damage the enemies again for 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.4 AP).

Yes lots of damage,but only if you position correctly.

The other two orbs then wont wont have to deal much damage, maybe a heal or debuff :P

Ok should I make a new thread for or do you think I should do it here?
Also the damage is a bit to high imo , because all the enemies hit by your dash will receive 320 (+0.5 AD and +0.4 AP), and the base damage on that is just to high if added up . Since enemies can't avoid the 2nd damage, I would suggest reducing the dash damage quite a lot and increasing the when reaching the orb damage a bit.

Quote:
Zennyo Ryuo:
looks nice, i like how you incorperated a fifth skill into you passive. giving it a cost and stuff.

a 300+225+150=675 dash every 3.5 seconds is kinda strong though, kass has 700 range on his ult. he also has a cooldown of 7/6/5 seconds and an incredibly high cost. making the cooldown every 15 seconds or so would be better, to balance this could make CDR effect its cooldown.

lastly, i dont really get his title? his skills dont really show how he hunts those elements or uses pure elements to hunt. naming him an element collecter or orb keeper might be a better idea, his lore could be about catching raw element pokemon style (throw an orb at it).

I forgot to mention the CD of the dashing is unaffected by CDR, sorry my bad.
Also it's you have to turn in order to dash to the right direction which is difficult and costs time, on top of that withouth the ult on its only 525 range on based more on the CD of your abilities than the time it takes for the orbs to reacht that distance again.
What I mean with that is, after dashing to an orb it takes that orb 2*(525/75)=14 seconds to get back to full range. However if you cast a skill the orb is destroyed/used and recreated at full distance when coming off CD.
Now when the ult is on, your CD's are even shorter and you can pick up orbs, meaning you can indeed dash a lot, but it's no more than kassadin, because with full CDR his CD is 3 seconds instead of 3.5 and his range is 700 instead of 675.

However increased the CD from 3.5 to 4 seconds

Well it's indeed a bit like the pokemon-style idea , but he isn't going to hunt the elements in-game no he uses them to hunt with on champions huehuehuehue Genso is now numero uno
I imagine him a bit like he has already hunted the element outside the fields of the league and now uses them to battle, throwing the elements at his enemies, but i people think the secondary name should be changed I don't mind that much, it isn't really that good

Also both of you thanks a lot for the comments

Roc Kannon

03-16-2012

Quote:
Ok should I make a new thread for or do you think I should do it here?
Also the damage is a bit to high imo , because all the enemies hit by your dash will receive 320 (+0.5 AD and +0.4 AP), and the base damage on that is just to high if added up . Since enemies can't avoid the 2nd damage, I would suggest reducing the dash damage quite a lot and increasing the when reaching the orb damage a bit.

It's up to you if you want to do a new thread :P
Yeah the damage I made at the top of my head, so the changes should be fine XD

Dragorune

03-17-2012

Quote:
Roc Kannon:
It's up to you if you want to do a new thread :P
Yeah the damage I made at the top of my head, so the changes should be fine XD

Also I have 3 of your champions on my secret to comment list which do you want me to comment on:
- Cybba, The Bionic Void Dweller
- Link, The Piltovian Locksmith
- Meri, The Vivacious Bloom

Roc Kannon

03-17-2012

Quote:
Also I have 3 of your champions on my secret to comment list which do you want me to comment on:
- Cybba, The Bionic Void Dweller
- Link, The Piltovian Locksmith
- Meri, The Vivacious Bloom

what do you mean by secret to comment? XD
Umm I dont mind, choose who you think will be worth reviewing :P