Stuck in non-existant game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheyds

12-03-2012

After leaving a custom game team invitation screen, i cant join any game. It says im already assigned to an existing game. I waited for hours, restarted lol a bunch of times...

haaallp!!!

RiotDecrepit

QA Analyst

12-03-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey there Cheyds,

It sounds like you were experiencing a "ghost game." Players can run into these when the game server that you were playing on fails to communicate the game-end message to PvP.net. That being said, rest assured that your account isn't stuck by any means. The ghost game should last around 2 hours, but often times it will be much, much shorter. In addition, you may be able to resolve this issue in the future by re-starting the client, which forces the client to request a new update.

Just as a heads up, one side-effect of these "ghost games" is that they can cause a delay on the IP, XP, and elo rewards earned for the previous game. Once the game "clears" the server, these values will be updated on your account accordingly.

If you find that you keep having these problems, it may be indicative of a problem with the connection between our servers and your network. If you would like further assistance with the ghost game, or if you find that the problems continue to occur, feel free to get direct support by sending in a ticket to our support site: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

Potatozzminions

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

o.0

Rakrth

28-05-2012

Your support is just wait? :P

ILikeJigglypuffz

30-05-2012

You didn't say if you could get banned by closing the client -> leaving the game, or not. I hope not... because i'm in the same situation atm and about to close the client.

Edit: I forgot to mention this, lol... Just to be clear, I did not leave a game like the op did. I actually was just starting a game (champ picks where done, champs where about to load) and then i got the message.

ILikeJigglypuffz

30-05-2012

I actually left the client running and it 'solved' itself. With that, I mean that i got a 1 day ban for 'leaving'. I thought if i left it running, that I wouldn't recieve any bad points for sure, but i guess I was wrong. I don't understand why tho.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68485252/great....png

I actually started playing this game about 3 days ago and I got a 1 day ban already, which isn't even my fault... ugh.

Damp

14-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeJigglypuffz View Post
I actually left the client running and it 'solved' itself. With that, I mean that i got a 1 day ban for 'leaving'. I thought if i left it running, that I wouldn't recieve any bad points for sure, but i guess I was wrong. I don't understand why tho.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68485252/great....png

I actually started playing this game about 3 days ago and I got a 1 day ban already, which isn't even my fault... ugh.
If you got a ban that means you've already left the game a few times. But still, I understand how this is an inconvenience.

Zentsugi

14-06-2012

Same problem here too, but without leaving any game. A friend only cancelled a game before we were about to que and he doesn't even have that problem. However me and the other one (we were 3 in that game) have the same problem.

Maybe it's becaused we pressed the skip stats button. Heard some other ppl who got the same prob did that too.

Gorgond

14-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDecrepit View Post
Hey there Cheyds,

It sounds like you were experiencing a "ghost game." Players can run into these when the game server that you were playing on fails to communicate the game-end message to PvP.net. That being said, rest assured that your account isn't stuck by any means. The ghost game should last around 2 hours,
This wont happen on many games wich are much cheaper than this one (what i allready payed for it)

..... Should not happen!!!!!!!!!!!

I got allways problems with the LOL client, like every month a new one....

ReBorn GinGer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndr3as View Post
This wont happen on many games wich are much cheaper than this one (what i allready payed for it)

..... Should not happen!!!!!!!!!!!

I got allways problems with the LOL client, like every month a new one....
This is a free game and to be honest a quality one so there is bugs go find me a free game with the graphic quality regular updates and has as much work put into as this one and i will take it back until then considering its free this is the best and cheapest games out there