Shen...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raikaria

11-03-2012

I think anyone who saw the Intel Extereme Masters will agree with me.

Shen is OP. He was picked or banned EVERY SINGLE GAME, and generally, the team with Shen won, except I think 1 game.

These are the people at the highest level of play insta-locking or banning Shen in every game That's a big sign something is awfully wrong.

The big issue to me, watching said play, is his Ultimate, allowing him to join azny fight in progress, and go do his own thing meanwhile. Splitpushing and Ulting in at the right time to Taunt and tank is what seemed to be the issue. To be honest, Shen's Ultimate needs a complete rework, as your options are:

1: Try to take down Shen, which takes the other team 4 man push. Shen can ulti over to escape anyway.

2: Try to take the 4v5, only for Shen to drop in at the perfect time and turn it around.

While the skillcap to Shen is pretty high [You have to get the timing on your Ultimate right], it's undeniable that he's massivly overpowered in higher level play.

HunDoslavus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Shen was hotfixed to prevent him from being too OP dammit. What more can you ask for him? He is an energy champion, he has pros/cons with that. His energy costs are high. Juke his dash.

He has zero MR/level and 19 base armor. Bad for a tank. Most have 20-22.

And what's the matter with his ultimate? Just because it's global? Nuke the shielded target dammit. Otherwise, don't try. 180 sec cooldown sounds awful to me.

And his shield strength? Boy. Riven's gives more.

If you want to initiate on a Shen, you do it when he just did a bad Shadow Dash.

He just needs a 1 second increase in cooldown on Shadow Dash.

SealerRT

11-03-2012

I agree with OP and anyone watching the tournaments probably will as well. 1st ban or pick.

Red Mage

Senior Recruiter

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunDoslavus View Post
Shen was hotfixed to prevent him from being too OP dammit. What more can you ask for him? He is an energy champion, he has pros/cons with that. His energy costs are high. Juke his dash.

He has zero MR/level and 19 base armor. Bad for a tank. Most have 20-22.

And what's the matter with his ultimate? Just because it's global? Nuke the shielded target dammit. Otherwise, don't try. 180 sec cooldown sounds awful to me.

And his shield strength? Boy. Riven's gives more.

If you want to initiate on a Shen, you do it when he just did a bad Shadow Dash.

He just needs a 1 second increase in cooldown on Shadow Dash.
u know he got the highest base armor in the game at lvl 18?

PsychoLandy

11-03-2012

I saw the Intel Extreme Masters, too. You know what I saw? I saw Vladimir getting raped by Wukong solo top. I saw those "pros" playing like complete retards.

You seriously want to follow their footsteps? They know why they ban Shen, but you think it's because they ban him, that he is overpowered?

Wrong. Currently he is overpowered because of:
1. Vorpal Blade free harass every 3 seconds.
2. VERY high base stats
3. Low cooldown shield that synergizes well with Ki Strike
4. Escape/gapcloser damaging taunt
He combines the damage of a bruiser, living through skirmishes on his lane through his shields and Vorpal Blade heals, and the utility of a support/tank, offering an AoE taunt, AND a global shield + teleport, both of which, when utilised properly, break fights.

In his rework he's received too much in one package. He can wreck any offtank solo top, do reasonably well against AP, scale harder than them and be more dangerous through his skillset than them even if they manage to outfarm or kill him in lane.

SealerRT

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLandy View Post
I saw the Intel Extreme Masters, too. You know what I saw? I saw Vladimir getting raped by Wukong solo top. I saw those "pros" playing like complete retards.

You seriously want to follow their footsteps? They know why they ban Shen, but you think it's because they ban him, that he is overpowered?
No, you said yourself why he is overpowered. Combine that with crazy good utility of his ult + taunt combo and good damage, and great sustain, this champion became just a little too good (not by much, but ever so slightly).

And on a side note Wukong does very, very well against ap. Even mid he can be decent, and considering solo top is a longer lane, where it isn't always as easy to get under your tower, and bushes work only in wukongs favor - I think vlad solo top was just a bad idea vs wu.

NecroFenix

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vielfra▀Husky View Post
u know he got the highest base armor in the game at lvl 18?
one of the highest.

skarner with 87,4 and shen has 87. and malph has 90

NecroFenix

11-03-2012

in lane shen beats the **** out of any non sustain champ, even some champs with sustain have a hard time.
in team fights he is meh, he will have utility but will depend greatly on his team to back him up.

shen is maybe like leblanc, they have rather meh late games but they keep their lane openent underfarmed (or underleveled), basicly u got a balance in tradeoffs, u know ur teammate wont be as strong has it can be but the enemy team will have a weaker player to.

i think he is very hard to lane vs but not OP. finaly strong pick.

Inaphyt

11-03-2012

Shen is op i don't care what the community thinks, i main nasus late game nasus should destroy any champion in the game given that he has maybe the worst early game of any champion.

Shen has an amazing early game and an amazing late game and can 1v1 a nasus any day i think this is overpowered as it gets, as for having skill? no the ultimate gives so much shield to the afflicted person timing isn't a huge issue at all just throw it on the carry awesome they wont die taunt for 1.5 seconds kill half a team (by yourself if you like).

Just a matter of time till he gets nerfed till then he's permanently banned for me.

brogo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

tf's ulti got range nerfed i dont understand why they do that to shen's too

his split pushing potential is insane:

-he can solo push top while the rest of the team pushes bot

the enemy team has 2 choices:

-send one guy to def top => shen's team initiates 4v4, shen ultis in = win
-try to get them 5v4 on bot, risk to be kited while shen pushes down your base or just ultis in and the fight is 5v5

and btw: his laning is still amazing, no downside
after level 6 his ulti brings an enormous adantage to ganking or turning around ganks

i want the guys who claim shen to be balance to explain to me how to counter the splitpushing