Internet Lag Spikes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foldish

10-03-2012

This problem is not directly related to LoL, but because of it I can't play LoL smoothly.

A week ago something weird started happening to my connection. It overall feels a bit slower, but the main problem is that I get huge lag spikes every 10-15 minutes. In LoL (or any other online game), I stop for some 5 seconds, not being able to do anything, while I watch others crush my face in. I can normally watch streams at 1080p, but since the problems started I can barely watch them in 360p, during the spikes even 240p dies.

Speedtest and other sites like that still show the same speed I had before the problems.

I did send a report to my ISP, waiting for the answer atm. Hoping someone here can possibly shed some light towards fixing my problem.

Thanks in advance

Unholyrayne

10-03-2012

Download Ad-aware and Avast and search your PC for spyware and viruses. Could be all sorts of nasties on your PC using your internet to transfer data of what your doing back to someone else.

Even major companies will do everything they can to get spyware onto your PC in order to see your browsing habits.

Foldish

11-03-2012

Found some nasties with Ad-Aware, but the problem's still there.

I remember I had this sometime earlier, last September if I recall right, but it seemed to fix itself after a while. And as I didn't have time for gaming/viewing streams back then I did not look into it that much.

PS: ping in LoL always shows ~40ms, even during the spike.. kinda weird.

Foldish

13-03-2012

Is the server IP or address accessible info to players? I was advised to ping it to check if the loss rate was high.

Riot AltCtrl

Player Support Manager

13-03-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hi Foldish,

There's actually a topic which sounds a little familiar to yours (Possible Packet Loss) I've linked the thread below, I hope this helps!

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=608853