Olaf vs Irelia solo top ?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

huuggaa

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Yesterday i played a rank game solo top with olaf against irelia, is olaf a counter to irelia or was it just their irelia who was bad ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tironci

Junior Member

10-03-2012

Olaf is generally a pain in the ass but I don't think he's a counter to Irelia.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freek2

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Olaf shuts down most of the solo tops. But it`s all about skill, strategy and team communication.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Addonexus

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freek2 View Post
Olaf shuts down most of the solo tops. But it`s all about skill, strategy and team communication.
Exactly
But in a pure 1v1 match toplane olaf vs irelia.
I think it should be quite equal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Didaksan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Irelia will never win if you're both the same lvl and items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immahnoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-03-2012

IMO he beats Irelia, you build HP which counters her W, you have true damage that goes threw her AR and MR and she builds only AR and MR until a bit later (which isn't truly lane), you can't be CC'ed for her to go ahead on your damage and you will lifesteal a lot more than she does.


So she should lose 1v1.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eslipi Jolou

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immahnoob View Post
IMO he beats Irelia, you build HP which counters her W, you have true damage that goes threw her AR and MR and she builds only AR and MR until a bit later (which isn't truly lane), you can't be CC'ed for her to go ahead on your damage and you will lifesteal a lot more than she does.


So she should lose 1v1.
Well if i lane vs Olaf i'll do the same, buy HP items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immahnoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslipi Jolou View Post
Well if i lane vs Olaf i'll do the same, buy HP items.
Wanna see you do damage then, his W scales of HP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vidoktor

Member

10-03-2012

Well, Irelia is generally hard to counter but Olaf generally does pretty well against her.
That said, if Irelia outfarms him a little at about level 11 the scales start to tip in her favor


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Addonexus

Senior Member

10-03-2012

You don't go straight in for olaf when he got all coldown ready,
You trick him into popping his ulti -> run away, wait a little while harras when you can ( you got better sustain) Then see how it developes.

People need to lern that it's not allways vice to fully commit to a fight and go all out at once


123