[GUIDE] How to join the lol (PVP) chat with third party program

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhatTh3Fork

06-03-2012

Hey guys,

The topic says it, this is a guide on how to access the PVP chat with the open source chat program pidgin. You will be able to do this with other chat programs which are able to handle XMPP.

So the first thing you need to do is download pidgin. You can find it here: http://www.pidgin.im/download/
Now add a new account.
Change the protocol to XMPP.
Username is your league of legends log in name.
Domain is "pvp.net" without the ".
Resource is xiff.
Password is AIR_"your league of legends password" so if your league of legends password is 1234 its AIR_1234.
Connection security (donīt know how its called in english because my pidgin is installed in german) you have to set to "Force SSL (old-style)".
The Port need to be set at 5223.
Servers are Server: chat.na1.lol.riotgames.com (for NA) chat.eu.lol.riotgames.com (for EU West) Server: chat.eun1.lol.riotgames.com (for EU Nordic/East)

To this point all credits need to go to Jabe because all its written here he made up first and I got most of the information by him!

So now you are able to join the PVP chat and chat. But from at this point you canīt go for any public chats.
You can get a list searching all chats at conference.pvp.net but there all cryptic names and stuff. You canīt sort them anyhow and you will see TONS of chats. I had big trouble solving this problem but the german wrenchmen AmShager was able to help me here.

All public chats have the same first part. This is: "pu~".
The second part is the chat name you want to join but you have to set all big letters to small letters. So if you want to join "DominateDominion" you have to set it to "dominatedominion". Now you need to hash it with the SHA-1 method. Just googled one website which helps us here: http://www.hashgenerator.de/. Now we know the second part is "e60006fb1aaec9264557b8203839407f17825b78".

Now we can put both together and this in join chat. Room is: "pu~e60006fb1aaec9264557b8203839407f17825b78". The rest of the options should be in there already. If its not just choose the XMPP-LOL account and it should do the trick.

The third part is another one i didnīt make up myself. Its made up by several guys at reddit but donīt know anyone of them anymore. So i canīt give the credits but I want to point out that I didnīt invent this stuff.

Your status needs to look like this:

<body><profileIcon>28</profileIcon><statusMsg></statusMsg><level>1</level><wins>1337</wins><leaves>0</leaves><queueType>RANKED_SOLO_5x5</queueType><rankedWins>1337</rankedWins><rankedLosses>0</rankedLosses><rankedRating>1337</rankedRating><tier>PLATINUM</tier><skinname>Annie</skinname><gameStatus>inGame</gameStatus><timeStamp>1317686957096</timeStamp></body>

profileIcon can go from 1-28.
statusMsg you can put in whatever you want to.
level weirdly enough can go from -30 to 30.
wins, leaves, rankedWins, rankedLosses, rankedRating, timestamp you just can put any number you want.
tier is self explaining i guess.
queueType is shown as the game you are actually in.
skinname is the champion which is shown like you are playing it in that game.
gameStatus should be self explaining too.

If you mess up with any of this, this can make you shown in chat with a blank status.

I hope this helps. Iīm from Germany so english isnīt my native language and the NA server is just for chatting here because you guys at dominatedominion chat rock!

NewPlayer123

23-03-2012

Thanks dude, I still wish Raptr had League of Legends support but this is a good workarround, thanks again!

Cam3lly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-04-2012

Hum... Level can go from -10.000.000.000 to 10.000.000.000
skinname can be "random" => Play as random
statusMsg is unlimited, but too long status mean a bug ingame => we don't see the begin of the status.
gameStatus: outOfGame or inGame
tier can be "NORMAL", "GOLD" & "PLATINIUM"
timeStamp. time of the start of current game. => http://www.timestamp.fr/

ZíX

13-08-2013

It says "SSL peer presented an invalid certificate"... Please help

Nopleravet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-08-2013

SSL peer presented an invalid certificate, anyone knows why?

Yisery

04-09-2013

Same here:

Quote:
Kann Zertifikat nicht validieren

Das Zertifikat für chat.eu.lol.riotgames.com konnte nicht validiert werden. Die präsentierte Zertifizierungskette ist ungültig.
Quote:
Unable to validate certificate

The certificate for chat.eu.lol.riotgames.com could not be validated. The presented cert chain is invalid.
For NA it shows the same as for the above two posters.

Nestoyeur

09-09-2013

Im looking for this issue too.

Nestoyeur

09-09-2013

With Pidgin when im trying to connect it say: "SSL peer presented an invalid certificate"

So i have try with another XMPP client: http://psi-im.org/

And there is an option "trust the certificate" who allow to connect.

Now im looking how tu customize..

aG Xade

03-10-2013

BUMP

I've been looking around on Google etc, and I cant find the certificate error. Anyone have a fix for this?

MaReVIP

15-10-2013

Thanks! It works on eune