Support Runes + Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raikouho

05-03-2012

Hi,

I have played a few support characters such as Taric, Sona, Galio, Lux and Morgana and have built up a base level of skill with each character and know how they're abilities work. However I still fall behind other support summoners I meet due to my masteries and runes.

Can anyone suggest some runes and masteries for me?
Not sure if each support character needs their own distinct rune/mastery page but if they do could you please suggest support pages for:

1.Taric
2.Sona
3.Galio
4.Lux
5.Morgana

If they all use similar pages, a general page would be much appreciated.

Thanks for you any and all time and help you put in. I am very grateful
Raikouho~

midnight illusio

05-03-2012

My support runepage is as follows:

Marks - flat armour
Seals - flat armour
Glyphs - MR per level
Quints - gold per level

Masteries are 0/9/21

Raikouho

05-03-2012

Thanks for the post midnight
I'll try that runepage and mastery setup as soon as I can, will post back when I have tried it.

Raikouho~

Jachymor

06-03-2012

I am playing Sona as Main right now, having quite a run with her. Though not Lv30, I aim for Money quints and Seals, Flat Mana Glyphs and Armor Marks. Though marks can be replaced with more Mana or Manareg, not yet sure about it.

Masteries: 9 in Defense (small HP and Armor buff), rest will go Utility (Aiming for Mana, Wealth, XP).

In terms of items, I go for Aegis, Chalice, Tabis, Locket and Randuin. A tanky aura build is all you need to be a viable support, in my opinion.

zigomorfico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

i tend to go 0/0/30 with masteries or 0/9/21 and for runes:

marks - armor or magic pen
yellow - armor or mana regen (mp5/lvl are the ones i use the most) or you can try the new gold/5 runes
glyphs - mr/lvl or -cooldown or mana regen (i use cooldown often)
quints - flat AP or cooldowns or mov speed or gold/10

now with runes it really comes down to your play style and wich champion you are gonna play at that game

you need to prioritize: you need more mana regen or more cooldodwns????

i use more often mana regen runes along with armor and flat ap or gold/5

Subguy

06-03-2012

0-9-21

armor flat on red
manaregen flat or/lvl on blue, yellow and quints gold/5

or quints with experience

Jachymor

07-03-2012

I do not know if you actually benefit that much from XP-boost. You get the level a second earlier than your carrier? Or is the actual extra experience that high that you can "outlevel" your enemy with the creeps on your lane? Enlighten me.

That's why I don't go full Utility aswell, survivability is of higher use for your carry for you can take more hits and wont leave him alone due to sudden death.

General Stormfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Runes:

Red: Magic Penetration works, but if you find yourself playing very passively, armor might be better. Anything else is basically just a waste of a good runeslot.

Yellow: typically manaregen, but armor is fine too.

Blue: manaregen, ap/level, mr/level or even cooldowns can all be fine depending on your champ, playstyle and itembuild. I typically go with manareg and mr.

Quints: gold/10

Masteries:

Either go for full tank with a few in utility to just grab the mana related stuff, or go full utility to get the additional starting gold, gold/10 and bonus xp on assist and put the rest either in 9 offense (to get another 4% cdr and a bit of offense) or defense (for some extra health and armor).

Again, both have their merit and depend heavily on your playstyle, your champion, and which champion you lane with. For example, Sona is very spammy and therefore I take a mucho mana build on her so I rarely run out. My itembuild with her includes 30% cdr anyways, so I tend not to worry too much about getting it in my runes or masteries. On the other hand, for a Taric, getting a bit more tanky stuff can pay off well since later in the game he typically plays up front to bring his skills into play (he has two aoes that are centered around himself and buff/debuff things around him) and has high innate armor, health and (surprisingly) attack damage. Soraka can get away bascially with zero defense because she usually stays far behind her teammates and is still able to use most of her abilities that way.

DK Lightning

02-07-2013

guys what is the best runs support for thresh

CloppyFawk

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDEVIL TOWERx View Post
guys what is the best runs support for thresh
Next time don't necro a thread over a year old please.

Personally for thresh I run

Flat armor marks
Flat armor seals
Flat magic resist glyphs
Gold/10 quints

Cloppy