Good counter for panth?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyrkey

29-02-2012

Hi there community! I'm having quite a bad time against panth in top lane. I'm bad at counter picking and against pantheon i can have a really bad time so I wanted to ask you for a good counter to panth. I do not own all champions but around 2/3 of them I think.

The problem I have with pantheon is that he can spam that Q without any bigger problem. And if I'm going to try herras im I will just get stunned and that E hits about 1/3 of my hp.

I'm thinking about malphite as he has a passive shield and is very good with armour, but if I pick before the player picking Pantheon I maybe pick maybe pick Mordekaiser. he pushes me with Q so my shield is almost down and E hitting like a train. And if i play Mordekaiser and early early in the game be4 i have spellvamp Pantheon can just spam that Q and Q, W, E so i lost like 1/3 of my hp with Mordekaisers passive shield. Hope you understand my problem and hope for a reply!

Faceless Hunter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-02-2012

riven or irelia, because u can stun him after he uses that aoe spell.

Sanctuary Now

29-02-2012

Fiora

Lyrkey

29-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctuarie View Post
Fiora
As Fiora hasen't come out here yet, I can't answer that hehe.

Cyganek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWAS1991 View Post
riven or irelia, because u can stun him after he uses that aoe spell.
Nooo.

Ok Pantheon vs Riven is pretty equal and depends on the players. If you manage to provoke Rivens shield before you actually harass her with Q, you will mostly win the trades with her.

Irelia? Please... Pantheon counters her pretty hard. Never encountered an Irelia so far who dominated me 1vs1. HSS is not Pantheons main damage output while laning phase. It is his spammable Q. Whenever Irelia comes near to the minion,s she receives 2-3 Auto attacks and a spear in the face.

In Meele battles Pantheon pretty much counters anyone. He is considered to be the hardcounter to Gangplank and it is **** true.

If you really want to counter Pantheon, I would suggest ranged champions.
The hardest champion for me to lane against is KENNEN because he can safeliy outzone you from the farm and if you dare to touch a minin he pulls of one of his combos and gets you low pretty fast.

Nidalee is pretty annoying but it is possible to manage her. She is still one of my most hated champions to lane against top as Pantheon.

PANZER VOR

29-02-2012

Take Irelia - simply farm til 6 and then kill him in 2 sec. Yeah, I'm real - Irelia is about the scariest opponent as Pantheon.

Cyclamate

29-02-2012

You need at least two of the following:

1: Deals damage mainly through skills rather than auto attacks or attack modifyers.

2: Has a way of closing the gap if you need to trade, or deal damage from a distance.

3: Has a low cooldown shield or strong sustain

Assuming you want to still play a bruiser up top you can quite safely pick Renekton and Riven. though any bruiser can still lose vs panth, playing a top-laneable mage is great, like Ryze or Kennen.

In general ALWAYS start cloth 5pot vs Panth, he won't be able to kill you before he runs oom that way -- lvl 1-5. (unless you get ganked or outplayed hard)
After that, stack more armor and prevent pantheon from pushing the lane. He relies on beating his lane to win the game. If he doesn't win his lane team pantheon is in for a hard time.
Don't let him push lane -> jump to mid/jungle by always keeping the lane around the center, put some points in your best pushing skill too.

Cyganek

29-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assurhaddon View Post
Take Irelia - simply farm til 6 and then kill him in 2 sec. Yeah, I'm real - Irelia is about the scariest opponent as Pantheon.
One does not simply farm pre lvl 6 against Pantheon. Early game is one of Pantheons strengths. If you play it out wiseley, Irelia loses.

PANZER VOR

29-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyganek View Post
One does not simply farm pre lvl 6 against Pantheon. Early game is one of Pantheons strengths. If you play it out wiseley, Irelia loses.
I play Panth pretty often, don't worry - I know his strengths. But imo he isn't a hard counter to Irelia. He is for GP and Trynda, but definitely not for Irelia. Normal armor runes, cloth armor and pots help you on the first few level. Of course Irelia can't win vs you before 6 but she isn't a freekill like the called two either.

waspalex

29-02-2012

ryze,vlad,rumble,irelia, singed.