Should I buy Viktor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iStan4o

24-02-2012

Hello, Summoners!

I got 6300 IP atm and I'm thinking about buying Viktor. Can you tell me how is he? Because he's probably the least played champion together with Karma and I really don't know so much about him. I know his mechanics, skills and so on, but just that, nothing more.
I wanted to buy Irelia, but I've played too much with her, so she's like a regular champ to me. Like buying Annie, nothing special. I've been also thinking about that new girl, but there's too much time 'till she come out, I can't wait.

So in short, can you tell me pros/cons about Viktor, any special tricks, builds and so on?
Thanks in advance and sorry if I made some mistakes, english is not my native language.

LutariFan

24-02-2012

Hello there!

I would recommend Viktor, his mechanics are very fun to use, it feels great (sound effect and such) to use your Q on somebody, especially for the last hit ^^

I usually max Q first, then E, then W, and buy Augment: Power for chasing ability and for dodging skillshots. I played him when he was free to play, got 3 wins with a HIGH K/D ratio. He is indeed extremely fun to play, in my opinion.

And for the VERY BEST thing, he has THE. BEST. RUSSIAN. ACCENT. EVAR!

PS: If you wanna buy any skin, I definitely recommend Full Machine Viktor.

Netsu ga arimasu

24-02-2012

Well Viktor is fun indeed. He has some potential, his damage output is great, decent cc. Overall he's a nice champ, the only thing that makes ppl not interested in Viktor is that he has only 5 item slots, which makes it a bit harder to build (get wards/potions and stuff).

Asking about builds is.. not the best idea, if you get the champ just play it, and try different stuff in order to find out which build suits your play style best.

LutariFan

24-02-2012

Oh and pros/cons:

+ Fun mechanics
+ Good range on abilities
+ Big choice on what you wanna play (Q or E for dmg, but in different ways, W for support)
+ AoE silence with good dmg
+ Tons of burst with Q-E-R (in any order)
+ AoE ability with HUGE CC

- Slow missile speed on Q (also, it needs to both hit the target and come back to Viktor before he gets any shield, even with good reaction speed you won't get the shield fast enough to block an incoming spell, skillshots can though easily be dodged by the movement speed boost with Augment: Power, since the Q only needs to hit the target for speed buff to trigger

- Easily dodged E, if enemy is not CC'd.

- Squishy, this is why I recommend buying Augment: Power since it gives you health.

Wrathhyrd

24-02-2012

Well the problem about Viktor is in my opinion that 1. his E is bugged sometimes 2. also if he's feedet his late game dmg feels rly low, cause you have just 5 item slots 3. his skill cap is rly high, you need to play him some times to be good with him.

I personally wouldn't buy him atm for 6300 IP because are so much better champs for this high price, but if you want to buy him, train him and let the enemies fear Viktor ;D

LutariFan

24-02-2012

If you really need a build, here's what I buy:

Doran's ring as starting item.
After I got enough gold, I go B and buy Boots of Speed and Augment: Power.
Then Sorcerer's Shoes.
Now damage items, I buy Rylai's, then Rabadon and Archangel's Staff.
1 slot left, this depends on the team I'm battling.
If I'm battling a tanky team, I buy Void Staff.
If I'm battling a burst team, I buy Abyssal Scepter.

Oh, and if my early game gets good, I buy Mejai's Soulstealer after my boots, and skip the Abyssal Scepter/Void Staff.

LutariFan

24-02-2012

Summary:

Viktor: Fun to play, and good after you played a couple of times.

And RUSSIAN.

LutariFan

24-02-2012

Cave Johnson, we're done here.

SofakingGei

24-02-2012

Pros

• AP scaling is ok
  • Good farmer,great poke range
  • Huge burst if full combo hits
  • Tankier than some AP carries due to Q and RoA,Rylai's item build
  • Teamfight monster with AoE silence+stun

Cons
  • One of the hardest characters to master
  • Needs to stay alive for full 7 seconds to get most out of his ultimate
  • Short range on spells except E
  • Q seems to be bugged
  • combo can easily be evaded by mobile characters like riven
  • Runs out of mana easily if you spam E
  • E augment is the most useful, the other two are too situational to be really effective and it usually feels like a bane rather than a boon to only have 5 item choices

All in all a combo burster, balanced but worth improving from Riot's side, especially the augments

Builds
Mainly as somewhat of an AP carry, with Rabadons,Sorc. shoe's, Rod of Ages as the core of his build, because his death augment (E) is the most useful.
Can also be built as a tanky cooldown mage with Gravity augment (W).

/tldr
if you are ready for a HARD TO MASTER disruptive mage with deceptively high burst he's a good pick.
If not, just buy malz or brand

Moyuba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-02-2012

viktor is really strong. people are going to start realising this soon i think, then you will see a lot more of him.