The Ultimate FIZZ COUNTER!!!???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Five Bet Whale

22-02-2012

Fizz is my main champions, and i win almost every lane with him. Even against Ahri and Galio - both very feared champs to be against in lane. I also beat up kassadins and even Morgana. But the answer to the question "What counters Fizz" is:
A very underrated but fun champion to play mid, Lux.
Believe it or not her ultimate zoning abilities and especially her snare, counters fizz completely. Every time Fizz comes to Q, all Lux has to do is to put shield on herself and snare Fizz, then 1 poke from auto attack. - Your shield made you lose no health from his sick Q W combo, whilst you dmged him a good chunk. Means that you win the trade in lane hardcore.
Also, use your E as much as possible to keep him from last hitting. If he in fact decides to try and last hit, he has to walk into your E and that way you will get a free trade of dmg.

-Magnamora

Grizzfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-02-2012

fizz counters lux... the lazer has no effect on him since he can just jump on his trident and you can avoid any of lux' skills with it, snare too

Five Bet Whale

22-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzfang View Post
fizz counters lux... the lazer has no effect on him since he can just jump on his trident and you can avoid any of lux' skills with it, snare too
The thing is, you have 3 spells fizz has to dodge, and fizz can only do it once every 12 sec or so. Also if fizz wants to harrass lux he HAS to use his QW at some point, thats where you use your snare
he cant e if he's Q'ing, know what i'm saying?
Also if he would manage to dodge everything he still wouldnt manage to get cs or trade dmg on lux, so FIzz does in no way counter lux.
I suggest you try it out.

-magnamora

Sieben Booya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-02-2012

How is Lux a counter to him, but not Morgane? Lux and Morgana are basically the same heros, regarding the mechanics of their skills:

1. Both have a snare, wiht similiar range and hitbox-size
2. Both have a zoning AoE zoning ability
3. Both have a shield, that absorbs damage!

TebsGenius

22-02-2012

Fizz vs Lux is fairly neutral, depends who plays better.

The hardest counter to Fizz is Ahri, if played well there is basically nothing you can do.

Five Bet Whale

22-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieben Booya View Post
How is Lux a counter to him, but not Morgane? Lux and Morgana are basically the same heros, regarding the mechanics of their skills:

1. Both have a snare, wiht similiar range and hitbox-size
2. Both have a zoning AoE zoning ability
3. Both have a shield, that absorbs damage!
I think the only answer is the speed and slow. Morganas snare is very slow firing speed, whilst her tormented soil doesn't slow.
Lux's snare speed is very fast and can hit behind 1 minion, plus her e han a big slow and is timed. SO all in all lux bursts more using snares and slows than morgana.
Also: Morganas shield only absorbs magic dmg, wich means that 30% of fizz's dmg will go straight through her shield whilst if played correctly he wont take any dmg in return.
Hope that answered your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TebsGenius View Post
Fizz vs Lux is fairly neutral, depends who plays better.

The hardest counter to Fizz is Ahri, if played well there is basically nothing you can do.
That is not at all the case, i make dirt out of every Ahri i lane against. sorry bud, but you have to realize the truth almost nothing stops fizz, other than zoning, especially not a long cooldown skillshot taunt.
Hope that helped you out.

-Magnamora

TebsGenius

22-02-2012

Strong ahri can auto attack the hell out of fizz for no return. She can poke harass him as her cooldowns are much lower than the fizz jump, she can win an exchange anyway because at point blank range she doesnt miss her stupid disable, and the biggest problem of all of it, her ulti.

With her ulti she can totally dodge your ulti, like seriously, she should never ever get caught by that fish, plus as soon as you dive on her head, she can dive away and keep the range that screws you over.

Seriously, if you're beating an Ahri it's because she's bad and no other reason. Just because a champion hard counters someone (like Ahri vs Fizz) doesnt mean she'll win all the time, it just means she'll win provided she's not a total newb.

Five Bet Whale

22-02-2012

Quote:
Strong ahri can auto attack the hell out of fizz for no return. She can poke harass him as her cooldowns are much lower than the fizz jump, she can win an exchange anyway because at point blank range she doesnt miss her stupid disable, and the biggest problem of all of it, her ulti.

With her ulti she can totally dodge your ulti, like seriously, she should never ever get caught by that fish, plus as soon as you dive on her head, she can dive away and keep the range that screws you over.

Seriously, if you're beating an Ahri it's because she's bad and no other reason. Just because a champion hard counters someone (like Ahri vs Fizz) doesnt mean she'll win all the time, it just means she'll win provided she's not a total newb.
Sorry but you're not right sir.
I've played so many match ups against ahris, good or bad. and won EVERY lane.
The reason for this is that if she just pokes with autoattacks you can Q W to poke back, wich is 10x better exchange than her dmg. Then instantly press E to get on the trident and thereby avoid her taunt, and then run away from her 2nd Q.
Sorry but if you've seen anyone win a lane against fizz as Ahri it is becausr that fizz has been bad.

In the case that she opens up with her taunt or Q you just E to her and thereby slow her. And after that follow up with Q's and W's.

-Magnamora

TebsGenius

22-02-2012

What?

I give up, trying to prove a point with logic on this forum is impossible, nobody listens. In the hopes of helping you improve your Fizz play, should you ever come up against a good Ahri just consider how hard she out ranges you for harass, how she can deny you last hits or punish you hard when you go for them, at after level 6 you can do literally nothing against her ulti.

I'm done with this thread now

Five Bet Whale

22-02-2012

Quote:
What?

I give up, trying to prove a point with logic on this forum is impossible, nobody listens. In the hopes of helping you improve your Fizz play, should you ever come up against a good Ahri just consider how hard she out ranges you for harass, how she can deny you last hits or punish you hard when you go for them, at after level 6 you can do literally nothing against her ulti.

I'm done with this thread now
Okay let's stop it here, it's on a sidetrack anyway. One thing though I'm not trying to prove ignorant i'm just mentioning my experience through the 110 ranked games, and many normal games i played with him. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Pls only post things related to lux countering Fizz from now on, nothing else.

-Magnamora