Champions for Attack speed runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuhar

18-02-2012

I was thinking about buying attack speed marks,so I need your opinion are they worth it and on what champs are they the best.

Hamashimura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-02-2012

Armor penetration much better on any AD...even flat ad is better
Why would you need AS red..?

SoT Blood Raven

18-02-2012

Phoenix Udyr.

Good Guy Prodiac

18-02-2012

I am playing Phoenix Jungle Udyr and Jungle Skarner with AS Marks. They do not need the ArPen because they deal mostly magical damage and this magical damage comes with AS (3rd hit on Phoenix, CDR on Skarner).

This allows you to run MS Quints, too, which is really nice on both of them.

THE IMMOND BEAST

18-02-2012

Atk speed only useful in jungle! Flat AD or armpen when laning!

Anton Antydaren

18-02-2012

Volibear, Twitch, Xin can use them well

Its not really "wrong" to have them on ranged AD, but its not optimal

IceDise

18-02-2012

Jungle Skarner, Maokai, Shyvana comes to my mind first. I also think that jungle Tryndamere and Warwick uses them too

AsxetoC

18-02-2012

in the debate of ArP vs AD vs AS
depends on what you aim to gain from your runes
a) stats that cant/are harder to get in game
or
b) a good starting bonus

if you choose A then ArP is the way to go since there is 1 (2 if you buy brutalizer again) items that offer flat armor pen (also for this scenario MS quints also count)
if you choose B then AS or AD with some armor pen if you dont go 21 in offence so you can farm easily

Now about the original question which champs is AS good for, most junglers can benefit a bit more from AS like xin zhao who will proc his passive more, trynda who will get more fury or nocturne who will proc his passive as well and if you start with vamp scepter you ll notice that the extra 15% attack speed helps a lot more in lifestealling than 10 AD.
Keep in mind that the new jungle is quite easy to clear so there is no rune set up (given that you get some armor from your runes and some offensive stat) that will make you get crippled in the jungle , you might as well watch stonewall008 in youtube to see his rune setups and you ll notice that many times he says 'choice red/blue'.
junglers that don't really need AS runes lee sin, amumu , maokai (debatable), jarvan IV, or most junglers that pick cloth +5 hp pots.
Personally i usually use AS red and ArP quints for jungling.

Supertubes

18-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamashimura View Post
Armor penetration much better on any AD...even flat ad is better
Why would you need AS red..?
prime example is shyvana. she doesnt need anything else as marks and she profits from as ALOT. and as mentioned, skarner and udyr.

and nope your wrong, armpen isnt better on any ad. the new masteries provide enough armpen, at least for early game. if you enemy stacks armor get a brutalizer or a LW

PANZER VOR

18-02-2012

Tryndamere needs imo Attackspeed. So at least I go for attackspeed marks and glyphs.
Also some jungler like Maokai, Voli and probably some other champs needs them.