How many games do you expect to play before you reach your true Elo?

< 10 Games 33 1.79%
11-40 Games 111 6.04%
41-80 Games 155 8.43%
81-120 Games 233 12.67%
121-160 Games 117 6.36%
161-200 Games 147 7.99%
200+ Games 300 16.31%
400+ Games 225 12.23%
600+ Games 89 4.84%
800+ Games 55 2.99%
1000+ Games 374 20.34%
Voters: 1839. You may not vote on this poll

Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trancenergy

20-02-2012

I think duo quening should be restricted to a certain elo difference.
It's really gay to have a last pick who is 200 or even 300 elo below the first cause they are duo quening.
And that 1 player can be the reason for defeat.

Also sometimes matchmaking is really weird.

Once i had a game with a team fully consisting of 1800-1900+ players vs two 2.1k players 2 1800+ and 1 1700+. Well guess what the 2.1k players won their lanes hard the reasons for that kind of matchmaking are beyond my understanding.

Anyway i think removing duo Q completely would make soloq more balanced. Cause the duo queners really make or break the game. They can rape if they coordinate which makes it unfair to a team ful of randoms or one of the mcan be a much lower skill player which makes carrying him incredibly hard.

Sub Soldier

20-02-2012

Thanks for trying to fix matchmaking! It can't be easy.

You talked about people having varying skills on different champions. This made me think, there are a lot of factors affecting whether people play at their true ELO - mood, morale, random mistakes, people may be tired, drunk, or I played with someone the other day who was having their first game on their friend's account... There's probably not a lot you can do about any of these.

Having said that, there does seem to be HUGE differences in skill levels in a lot of my games. Often in my favour, often against me. The system is actually pretty good at keeping me around 50% win rate, but I don't think this should be the main objective - it should try to make sure everyone in the game is around the same skill level. I think a better rating of how a player actually did in a match might help with this (I know this has been mentioned before but I think its possible, you'd have to account for a lot of things and balance them right)

Good luck Riot Lyte!

niiLou

20-02-2012

How to fix matchmaking ? ban ppl who have been reported for intentionnal feeding/troll/unexperienced/afk/leavers for a certain amount of time from ranked, so they can train more in normal games.

I'm pretty sure it will work fine , most of players in ranked , are just unexperienced , like :

I can't control my lane/ can't watch map/ can't gank/ I play support 1st time / I try a champ I don't own in ranked.)...

Also You can allow players to try each gamestyle with atleast 1 champ for each gamestyle (Support/Tank/offtank/jungle/AP/AD) , or they can't play in ranked.It's maybe hard to put a system like that , but i'm pretty sure it will work.

BEST PopCorN

20-02-2012

im not very good at english so i will put a picture here. We actualy won the game but still was very hard.

take a look

EDITED BY LYTE ::: Saved the screenshot, thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Baron_Nashor.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	76276  

Qlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-02-2012

I can give a horrible example of matchmaking system. Last game my team was 1503elo, 1441,1566,1514,1339 (!!!!) vs 1500,1505,1506,1491,1501. HOW ON EARTH DID I GET 1300 elo player who goes 2/8, wishes his team cancer and afks at base? how f*****g possible?

madmaxII

20-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
We are discussing potentially harsher punishments for players who leave games intentionally, and perhaps even harsher punishments for players who leave Ranked matches.
Are you also discussing a way to help the leavers team mates? At the moment a leaver means nothing but being forced to play 4v5. Playing a game like that is almost a guaranteed lose, because no matter who left you now lost that players damage, utility, cc and farm. It is almost impossible to win that game because you always have to fight next to your towers to compensate the missing player. The other team can just pick up buffs, drakes and nashors as they please as you usually lack the ability to fight them outside of your base. And when they have enough feed they can just steamroll you. Winning a game 4v5 only happens when the enemy does some really stupid things or when you were already miles ahead when the player left and both of these are really rare.

However, at the end, you get IP, XP and --ELO (!!!) as if you had lost a fair 5v5 game - even if you had that handicap. The only thing you can do is hoping that the other team has the leaver next time.

Punishing leavers even harder is certainly a possible approach, but it really doesn't help the victims of that player. In my opinion it is much more important to somehow compensate the players who lost because they never had a chance to win that game than punishing a player for leaving.
You also have to consider that you sometimes have RL or connection problems that force you to leave the game. One can argue that this is no excuse but since this can easily happen to all of us one shouldn't ignore it.

Nevzat

20-02-2012

If someone leaves the game, put a soraka bot in that doesnt give kills for the enemy team

HMHS8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevzat View Post
If someone leaves the game, put a soraka bot in that doesnt give kills for the enemy team
You can also make enemy creeps give more a bit more gold

kycma

Recruiter

20-02-2012

DO SOMETHING WITH DRAFT . These 2-3 man premades sucking a kcid but always 1-2-3 pick . Just remove this PREMADE STUPID pick priority !!!

Potatozzminions

21-02-2012

http://tinypic.com/r/2dgotqx/5
bad matchmaking is bad