Vayne/Janna vs Alistar/Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Impactxz

17-02-2012

Hey, was playing Vayne yesterday with my friend playing Janna (normal draft mode, we two were the last picks and they forced us to play botlane, while we both said we're not best there), we were against Alistar/Ashe and were pushed hard for like 15 min, our jungler came once (got a kill but got killed as their shaco ganked there at the same time, he was playing malphite..).

At level 8, Alistar dived us and despite doing our best we both died. Our team started flaming us and then I went trolling, doing nothing but farming 24/7, etc

We ended up winning the game as I finally came into teamfights etc, but were my partners right to flame us ? I know I suck at Vayne but I played passively so that my jungler could easily gank them, yet he did it only once..

PS : I won a lane as Taric/Vayne right after this game, me playing Taric, we were up against alistar/ashe, so I guess we could have won that lane..

g the mastermind

17-02-2012

to be honest wtf malphite getting killed by shaco?
i honeslty think they dont have the right to flame u a real pro team help other failing lanes
and u should be able to play all kind of champions from carry or tank

DevilsRose

Recruiter

17-02-2012

I don't think there is a right time to flame, you should never flame, that's why you can report people for flaming.
Didn't you post this in a wrong section? I mean unless you are suggesting Vayne or Alistar are up I don't see any champion suggestion

Impactxz

17-02-2012

Well actually I'd like to know if it's normal to lose this lane. I know I'm not especially good as AD carry (easily the role I play the worst), but I wasn't sure if I should have abused the fact that alistar spent most of the time in those bushes to E him into the wall and burst him.

Oh and those guys banned sion mordekaiser and tryndamere, picked Malphite as jungler while Shaco was first pick in the opponent team, etc. But yet they still were acting like they were pro. Especially that shen who died 3 times to Nautilus (2 times 1v1, lol) and that Vladimir who was just being a d.ick. Can't recall his score against Xerath in lane though.

Neolight

17-02-2012

You could have told janna to ward the brush ali is camping in and then you could e him into the wall and then hitting him a bit more with janna shield on. If you know where he is it's easier to stay out of his range.
if you do that once he will probably not try to do it again at least not for some time as he needs to heal up the damage you dealt to him.
Ashe isn't that strong with alistar support as she usually needs soraka or janna for highest effectiveness and she couldn't have helped him a lot vs your combo (even though janna vayne ain't a good combo)
Also if alistar is jumping on you and you got good reactions you can e him before he arrives preventing you from getting knocked back and he can't do his combo due to him getting pushed back, making it useless for him.
This would also prevent those towerdives from ali.

Vaynes e can mess up alistar easily while ashe can't really do a lot as you can even dodge her arrow with your tumble.
If they initiate on you under your turret with ashe arrow janna can counter that with her ulti, and if you're doing it right ali will be probably between your turrets and ashe on the lane so they are split up and you can punish them easily (and ashe can't help fast unless she runs fast through the turret)

You could have won the lane, that's for sure.
Still both lane combinations aren't really good in my opinion, as there are just better supports for vayne/Ashe

xt002

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-02-2012

did you get constantly herrassed by volly or what did somuch dmg to you?

Ludo Rathowm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-02-2012

Vayne got lower range than Ashe, you had no sustain. Wouldn't suggest getting no sustain on Vayne, unless it's a very aggressive lane (es. Blitz, Leona). Janna doesn't offer enought offensive power, and even shielding they can slowly drain you. Plus you can't go super aggressive I'm vayne i will kill you no matter what since Alistar can poop on your assassinmode Vayne.

If it's a very very trading lane with kills trading around over and over, you should win. If both junglers gank a lot you should win. But in a static lane, I wouldn't bet anything on the Janna Vayne lane. Everyone will either trade damage then heal, or flat out kite you. On the other hand, Kogmaw would have probably been a better carry choice, as he can just outrange ashe and harras/farm.

And passive Vayne is weak Vayne. She goes too close, and if she doesn't trade she just gets free damaged. Wouldn't be passive to let the jungler gank in soloq, unless its the jungler asking. Wouldn't pick Vayne much in soloq anyway, as winning the lane is even more important and randoms are less likely to protect the hypercarry when comes to teamfights.

Impactxz

19-02-2012

Thanks.

And yeah we lost the lane because he was camping "our" bush and I basically couldnt go to harass ashe or to farm creeps until they were under my tower because he'd combo me and i'd take huge damage. Janna can't heal me so I had to build a wriggle but the lane was already lost by the time I got it.

We got one gank from Malphite where we killed Ashe but where Shaco killed Malphite. Shaco didn't gank botlane at all apart from that. Malphite never came back to bot lane even though they were really close to our tower 90% of the time.