Tier 3 runes, why u so expensive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bruise Vain

08-02-2012

Okay, so I'm working on a new runepage for Ryze, and I can't help but feel that runes are too expensive. Like, I've never bought flat mana or mana/lvl runes, so I have to buy them all, and each cost like 410 ip. 29 x 410 ip + 1025 for ONE quintessence is just too much. I have all common runes, but when I have to buy an entire new runepage of runes, it takes ages.

So, what do you think? Aren't tier 3 runes too expensive?

TiRiD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Hate buying runes too i prefer champs over them, took me half year to make myself finish 1 full rune page :P

Sublimit

08-02-2012

I didnt bother buying runes until i was lvl 20 so i could just straight up buy the t3 ones.

Moyuba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

ryze is one of the more expensive champions to build a rune page for. it's not TOO bad as most champions use a lot of the same runes. it's only when you get into making super unique pages it gets really expensive.

at least with ryze it is counter balanced by the fact he is only 450. imagine he cost 6300!

Rokugan

08-02-2012

I prefer buying runes over champs.
There's no point on playing a champ without a good rune-set.
The only disappointing thing is the IP cost of a single rune page.

Nightcrest

08-02-2012

Tier 3 runes are not expensive in comparison to the previous tier ones because the costs are proportional to the stats. You pay for what you buy.

phunkeee

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrest View Post
Tier 3 runes are not expensive in comparison to the previous tier ones because the costs are proportional to the stats. You pay for what you buy.
Strength quint:

Tier3 +2.25 1025IP
Tier2 +1.75 410IP
Tier1 +1.25 80IP

Tier2 gives you 77% the value for 40% of the cost. Tier1 gives 55% value for 8% of the cost. There's no doubt that the cost efficiency drops when you select higher tier runes. The only reason why you choose tier3 is that you are willing to pay the premium to get the best.

Bruise Vain

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyuba View Post
it's only when you get into making super unique pages it gets really expensive.
I think this is the clue here. Everyone has like the most standard ones which can be used to many champions, but it's so annoying having to use so much time just to build 1 full runepage with t3 runes you haven't bought before.

I don't get the point of them being so pricey either, they don't even make real money off of them runes. Are they expensive to reward those that play the game A LOT, thus giving them an advantage?

IMO, they could easily just lower the cost down to 210 for ALL t3 runes, except quints.

ShakeNBakeUK

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrest View Post
so, so, so, so, so, so,

WRONG!

ShakeNBakeUK

08-02-2012

@OP, I for one don't play Ryze, because I cba to grind for HUNDREDS OF HOURS to buy runes that suit only ONE CHAMPION IN THE ENTIRE GAME.

Really not worth it tbh, unless he is like the only champion that you play :3