How to counter Morde

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vrapche

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-10-2010

Hi,
so i have seen so many threads about Morde being OP and i haven't found a single one about countering him. Since i almost never mid and i jungle a lot i almost never face morde in laning phase. Problem is that when i do lane against him i get owned . Im not opening this thread to QQ and i don't think Morde is OP, im opening it to ask for someone to write a small guide "how to counter Morde". So please if you have some time give some tips to us who don't know how to counter Morde
ps. english isnt my first language so i hope you understood me.

Irutan

26-10-2010

In my experience either gank him to hell early game, or just don't target him late game. There is nothing worse than a 4k hp Morde with 250 magic resist, If it happens pray you have a Master Yi with 300 damage and 2.5 attack speed.

Deqla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-10-2010

hi,
there was few advices in "OP morde" threads.
First of all, maybe it's not obvious and may be weird, but you have to harass him hard, all the time. Shooting once every 15sec will do nothing to him, but constant harass will get his shield down, and start getting down his HP.
Of course if you are melee and you are laning with other melee champ it's hard to do this, but well, any double melee lane is hard, except if you face same one on the enemy side.
Second advice, try to shoot him before he charges his shield, so before minions get close to him.
Third advice, position not behind minions but at a side, so in this way he can't harass you, kill minions and charge shield with one skill. In this way he will have to choose, either harass you or kill minions/charge shield.

After all these advices, if you face Morde + Sona/Taric, just tower hug and get last hits :-)

DrlKf

26-10-2010

Put wards on his farming spots and keep ganking him. I actually play Mordekaiser very often and I can tell you with no doubt the only games I'm losing are games where the enemy team keeps preventing me from farming.

KhaosChampion

26-10-2010

or play ranked and he is usualy the first bann*didnt get 2 play him once there>.>*

Zalz

26-10-2010

You have to defeat mordekaiser early game, he is a champion that can get fed on minion kills alone.

The common suggestion will be to ignore mordekaiser late-game and focus on the rest of their team. This is a false suggestion however because mordekaiser will beat you're carries down with his incredible damage and once he kills a carry he will clean up the rest of you're team with his new crazy damage slave.

Really you simply must defeat mordekaiser early game or you will not stand a chance.

JumboBog320

26-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irutan View Post
There is nothing worse than a 4k hp Morde with 250 magic resist
At that point in the game you are able to completely ignore him since is damage is weak and he have no CC.
Have had many late games where a Tank morde gets ignored and he can't do much other then tanking towers.
And so many others do that much better then him.

Early game he is a pain but learn his graphics and when to attack him. If you aren't able to do so use your mana to either farm or on his lane partner(if he got one).

But all in all morde should be one of the last people to die on a the enemy team. Unless it's a dps morde but then he drops way faster and he couldn't be that big a deal.

Morde is, imo, a very weak end game tank but strong early game. But early game is over to fast and even by getting lots of kills with morde you still get outshined by so many other tanks.

Shen, Rammus, Amumu and Galio are all much better tanks then the current Morde ever will be.

Zalz

26-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboBog320 View Post
At that point in the game you are able to completely ignore him since is damage is weak and he have no CC.
Have had many late games where a Tank morde gets ignored and he can't do much other then tanking towers.
And so many others do that much better then him.
Can we stop spreading this nonesense? Mordekaiser has more then enough damage to smack down a carry and he will certainly do so in a teamfight. Ignoring him and letting him run through you're team tearing apart you're carries is simply not an option.

Again mordekaiser does not deal low damage, he is more then capable of killing off any carry.

I used to believe this stuff but after seeing mordekaiser after mordekaiser run rampant in late-game and even being on the receiving end of a mordekaiser whilst playing as carry, i can safely tell you that ignoring Mordekaiser is not an option.

KhaosChampion

26-10-2010

here is one, stop suffering from dps syndrome and get some defensive items aswell*no mass dorans/rylai/roa dont count*
what i mean is get a banshee veil, and if ur a ad cary a quicksilver, and ofc its a good ideea to kill him early*his base hp isnt gr8, his hp/lvl is rather good though but do be carefull not 2 die, and watch out for his **** ulti+ignite combo
try not 2 fight him when he has ghost, he is way 2 strong than

Betting Blind

26-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deqla View Post
hi,
there was few advices in "OP morde" threads.
First of all, maybe it's not obvious and may be weird, but you have to harass him hard, all the time. Shooting once every 15sec will do nothing to him, but constant harass will get his shield down, and start getting down his HP.
Of course if you are melee and you are laning with other melee champ it's hard to do this, but well, any double melee lane is hard, except if you face same one on the enemy side.
Second advice, try to shoot him before he charges his shield, so before minions get close to him.
Third advice, position not behind minions but at a side, so in this way he can't harass you, kill minions and charge shield with one skill. In this way he will have to choose, either harass you or kill minions/charge shield.

After all these advices, if you face Morde + Sona/Taric, just tower hug and get last hits :-)
This man is a fool and do not listen to him.

You CANT Harass morde back, its stupid and won't work and you will lose out. The only way to counter him is the gank him VERY Early and ALOT. That is what makes him OP, the only way to stop him is to win a 3v2. Which is hard against him anyway.