LoL won't start.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valtssu

05-02-2012

Hi,

I started my day in the morning with a Bluescreen of Death, however windows managed to restore my system to an earlier point. Now my League of Legends launcher won't launch the game at all. When i doubleclick the lol.launcher.exe, the usual "League of Legends" -thing shows up in the middle of my screen, for half a second. After that it disappears and the windows 7 - loading circle beside my cursor spins for like 3 seconds and then it also disappears. Everything this has started since the Ziggs-patch. Every game i have played the last week with the LoL-recorder running have made LoL crash when loading the game, forcing me to reconnect. Also the bugsplat bugreport came up every time. So, now today i got BSoD, and over 500 registry errors have been found using multiple freeware registry cleaner tools. I fixed the most of them but still nothing. Have tried to reinstall LoL, restart computer, redownload .net -framework 4.0, all possible updates, yelling on my brother and banging my head in the wall several times, still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

LSDxSpook

07-02-2012

Same thing has just happened to me so let me know if you sort it out please

Akilles047

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtssu View Post
Hi,

I started my day in the morning with a Bluescreen of Death, however windows managed to restore my system to an earlier point. Now my League of Legends launcher won't launch the game at all. When i doubleclick the lol.launcher.exe, the usual "League of Legends" -thing shows up in the middle of my screen, for half a second. After that it disappears and the windows 7 - loading circle beside my cursor spins for like 3 seconds and then it also disappears. Everything this has started since the Ziggs-patch. Every game i have played the last week with the LoL-recorder running have made LoL crash when loading the game, forcing me to reconnect. Also the bugsplat bugreport came up every time. So, now today i got BSoD, and over 500 registry errors have been found using multiple freeware registry cleaner tools. I fixed the most of them but still nothing. Have tried to reinstall LoL, restart computer, redownload .net -framework 4.0, all possible updates, yelling on my brother and banging my head in the wall several times, still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
1. Never trust freeware registry error finders. Most of them show many fake error, and the only "solution" is to buy their software.
2. Are you running league as an administrator?

Marcelo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

i also had a bluescreen and had to format the computer

i reinstalled the game but the client wont start.

"this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

i re-reinstalled and same thing. installed adobe air, .net framework 4, running as admin, tried different compabilities and still nothing.

cant start the client. some help would be welcome

edit: i just installed .net framework 3.5 and i could open the client !