AP nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barbaard

05-02-2012

i know in the past ap nasus wasn't very viable
tough i had some games where he could do something
but nowadays there are far more ap items
wouldn't he be viable?
so along the line of

sorc boots
roa
rylai
hourglass
lich bane
that spellvamp book

he'd basicly slow down everything around him, heal at the same time
his ulti would be more or less like malzahars but AOE..
he'd be pretty tanky and his siphon strike wouldn't be able to crit but it would hit for 1000+ damage all the time

Eversoris

05-02-2012

The trouble is that rushing triforce nasus gets all he needs (movespeed, life and dmg) and rushing lichbane it's also quite expensive just for dmg and slight movespeed (when fully built)

Altought i see some viability if after triforce you gather a couple of AP items like rylai for life and something as hextech for double Lulz, (extra snare + snare with Spirit fire and ult)

Barbaard

05-02-2012

if you build ap nasus you should get get lich bane tough
i mean
trinity 100 extra damage
lich bane 400 extra damage
but right now nasus his only damage is pretty much his siphoning, the rest is ignorable
but when you would be able to build him ap his ulti would just melt anyone who hasn't got mr

jaromirros

06-02-2012

dont, just dont

ShakeNBakeUK

06-02-2012

u need deathcap before lichbane becomes effective.

Wik Zhalifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

im playing him ap too...I play him as every caster I do... Dorans Ring - Dorans Ring- Sorcs- Rabadons ->Lichbane and Rylais in most cases

it works for me becouse its all about timing and passiveness...

his laning phase is EXTREMLY strong becouse his E pokes enemys hard....and allows farming

I mostly clear waves with E + poke and then go back into a brush and wait for the next minion wave + chance to poke...later R+E to zone enemys and W+Q to eliminate a single target...

Pectoralis

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaard View Post
i know in the past ap nasus wasn't very viable
tough i had some games where he could do something
but nowadays there are far more ap items
wouldn't he be viable?
so along the line of

sorc boots
roa
rylai
hourglass
lich bane
that spellvamp book

he'd basicly slow down everything around him, heal at the same time
his ulti would be more or less like malzahars but AOE..
he'd be pretty tanky and his siphon strike wouldn't be able to crit but it would hit for 1000+ damage all the time
You have to be on drugs, there's no other explanation for this nonsense. His ulti like MALZAHAR'S ?

Barbaard

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pectoralis View Post
You have to be on drugs, there's no other explanation for this nonsense. His ulti like MALZAHAR'S ?
well like malzahars nullzone, except impossible to escape aslong as nasus is on your tail
and a bigger range

Barbaard

06-02-2012

well, just went ap nasus against GP top
very easy game, only downside was that the enemy was pretty good at last hitting
so he managed to keep up with my in cs even with tower sometimes last hitting his minions
by the time his tower was destroyed i had around 150 cs and he 120 orso
its extremely easy to push a lane with nasus, so i just had to keep wards up
only downside is that you can't really farm q that much
had only around 150 extra damage while normally i would have had 250 orso
but ap nasus.. once you have that lich bane those towers take a beating from you siphoning

BotToElloHell

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eversoris View Post
The trouble is that rushing triforce nasus gets all he needs (movespeed, life and dmg) and rushing lichbane it's also quite expensive just for dmg and slight movespeed (when fully built)

Altought i see some viability if after triforce you gather a couple of AP items like rylai for life and something as hextech for double Lulz, (extra snare + snare with Spirit fire and ult)
Rushing tanky+Cd reduction item (frozen heart and/or shurelia) > rushing triforce on Nasus... More slow + more ulti + more Q (and more farm on it (lot of mana + CD reduction ^^)).
You can "rush" part of triforce if you really need it but you really DON'T get all you need with that ^^.

/Off topic.

On the topic :
AP Nasus can work end game but he really need something to be tanky to be viable. He get the HP with his ultimate but he needs some armor/mr.
Btw, it is REALLY a "end game" build :
Early, you are even weaker than a "classic" Nasus --' (you have less sustain, have to max your AOE to be viable and can only push --') It wil be really hard to go to late game without a hard gold disaventage.

I agree that, if you succed to go to late game with some stuff, your ultimate is nice and Lich bane too (it deals physical damage and you have armor reduction with E)
I don't think it is viable and a "classic" tanky + Cd reduction Nasus look really more effective but playing AP Nasus is funny ^^.