Karma getting rework apparently.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triarii

02-02-2012

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...s_coming_soon/

Guinsoo excited even, this will promise

Nameless Voice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

I find his comments worrying. They're vague enough that I hope my interpretations are wrong, as all I'm reading out of it is potential nerfs:

Quote:
Karma should duo, She should compete with Sona, Mantras should feel ult.
That sounds like they want to force her into a more typical support role, probably giving her bad scaling in exchange for some increased base ability strength. She'll cease to be that amazing support for mle champions and become more bland and generic.
The part about Mantra feeling like an ult implies that they're thinking of making it an actual ult (only available at level 6, etc.) instead of how it works now, though hopefully not.

Quote:
I think the biggest thing Karma players may miss is being able to target beam on enemies.
Spirit Bond no longer being able to target enemies makes it less useful than it is right now, despite it being the spell most people complain about. It also removes some of the unique "duality of purpose" which she has on all her spells.
I personally like Spirit Bond because it's a hard spell to use properly that can have a major effect on fights with damage, slow and speed.

Hopefully I'm interpreting all of this the wrong way, though.

RopeDrink

02-02-2012

I'm one of the few karma players out there and I agree - Despite her lack of popularity and the fact she's barely used, she's still a competant champion albeit a bit niche, but I'd hate to see her redone too heavily or have her current kit messed around too much.

I personally don't care that her Ultimate isn't exactly an "Ultimate", in their words, it's a unique mechanic that goes very well both with her kit as well as her intended "Karma" theme.

I've heard all manner of these "Rumours" over time and most prove to be entirely false anyways - Or, in the rare case it may be true, takes forever to take any shape anyway.

Just have to wait and see - Either way if she's left as is I won't be too unhappy.

Tehprawner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Do not want.

Does not fit into meta doesnt equal rework required tbh.

Pectoralis

02-02-2012

Hope it's not like the kayle rework where they made a weak champ even worse.

General Stormfox

02-02-2012

Oh god, please no. She has been my main and by far strongest champion for over half a year now, and "rework" will just mean she stops being useful at all in her role, namely tanky ap mid or top with huge teamfight support and good aoe damage.

Marcelo

02-02-2012

the only thing she needs is crd on mantra and mana regen

Sharazisspecial

02-02-2012

heavenly wave knockback O_O wow. Quit crying karma hipsters.

KhaosChampion

02-02-2012

**** no, another fun underplayd champ ruined, ahh well T_T

Slopknot

Recruiter

03-02-2012

Honestly, that's what i hate about Riot. Honestly, i'm afraid of buying champions. I'm afraid they can turn someone i just bought into a complete and utter garbage. Or rework him, and it'll be a completely different character. Why the hell i've been playing THE SAME GOOD OLD LION in ****ing DOTA for a freaking 4 years? Why i'm not afraid of liking some character in DOTA? I imagine DotA made by Riot, poor Lion and Lina would be long gone.

I loved old Ryze, and instead i get his double who's obsessed with stacking mana.

I loved old Jax. And instead i got a freaking mess of a character.

I loved Kayle. No comments.

I loved Shen. You ruined him. And now you're reworking him apparently. Ok, so first you kill him completely, and then instead of admitting your mistake, you making him a completely different character.

The only rework i liked was Alistair, and it wasn't so much of a rework, more of a buff, i guess.

Poor Karma, only cause she's underplayed you greedy *******s want to overbuff her, release a few skins and then nerf her! I know your plans!

Worst thing that can happen to her - she's turned into a botlane gp5 wardbot.

I'll curse Riot if that will happen.

AND DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT REWORKING POPPY.