Skins old, legacy and all that ...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wazzle

04-06-2012

If memory serves, the free RP you get at hitting lv 5 is only 400 RP, which is only enough to buy very few skins such as Assasain master Yi or White mage Veigar. Maybe another 1 or 2 to add to that list. Not to mention you wont even have enough RP to purchase 975 champions even at half price.

Not really a bonus worth boasting about, and shouldnt really be used in an arguement since it is so minor.

And to put my opinion in again in case I didnt put it in on this thread, it makes no sense to have legacy skins as far as company profit is concerned. As no longer putting them on sale is basically Riot telling themselves they no longer want to gain any more profit from them, and what company in their right mind would ever tell themselves that..?

Not to mention Riot should be giving newer players the chances of buying the older skins as well because well, why shouldnt they? If People are happy buying these skins, Riot is making a profit from these people buying them, and the people who buys them gets to enjoy using them, both sides win in the end.

It makes no sense to take it off the shop just for old times sake, why take something off the shop that is working perfectly knowing you can still make a profit off it?

Navarios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

I would buy zombie ryze instantly if it came back on sale, but at the same time, i've been playing this game since it first started and I have quite a lot of limited skins of my own like the said Santa Gragas, and UFO Corki, but in the end of the day, these limited edition skins were released as a way of allowing the older more long term players for playing the game since the rough days, UFO Corki was released purely for that, but then what about all the players that joined the year after, when the game was still fairly low key and there werent even ranked games yet, limited edition skins like zombie ryze, though they are awesome, they should be kept limited edition to allow players who were around then a sense of almost pride that they have stuck the game out.

Bluttaufe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

This is definitely a no-go. Limited edition skins who will never be available again was what was promised by Riot and they will hopefully stick to that.

They are some kind of achievement to show off (which is what skins are for anyway) how long you've been around. That's like having a recently created ESL-Account and requesting to get the 10-year-member-achievement unlocked for it because it would be unfair that only those who supported the league during the early days would get something for it.

People who have the oldschool-skins should never be put in a situation where everyone could get it.

Just in case you didn't know, in the early stages of this game people weren't able to buy RP except for the credit-card-option which barely anyone uses in Europe. People actually bought the 30-Euro-LoL-Starter-package just to get 10 Euros worth of RP.

There has been a lot of struggle to get some of the things in the shop.

Also, I would bet my behind that in 2-3 years, if the same request was made by players who started then, 90% of the supporters of this idea would rage to no end if the "newbies" had the same chance on getting rare skins..

Wazzle

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluttaufe View Post
Also, I would bet my behind that in 2-3 years, if the same request was made by players who started then, 90% of the supporters of this idea would rage to no end if the "newbies" had the same chance on getting rare skins..
Funnily enough, I could see it happening, but I wouldnt be bothered by it either way, after all, if there is a skin you really like the look of and would pay for it, you ought to be given the chance to obtain it somehow.

I am an Owner of the Frozen Shen legacy skin now, and personnaly, I wouldnt give much of a care if I saw newer players with it now, I mean it is a cool looking skin, and imagining being the only one with it in a year or so's time would be kind of sad.....

Also, Im not buying the legacy skins being like some sort of trophy thing, skins shouldnt be treated like that, they should be seen as having an alternative look for your champion if you are not keen on the classic look or just prefer a certain skin over the classical look.

Rydia

04-06-2012

I don't mind seeing people with older skins either but there are some people here saying NO GO that didn't read my topic in the general view of the thing...

I said EVENT SKINS should be brought back on the event like someone indeed said with the Malphite skin...

Meaning this still limits quite some skins also in the long run.

Those new player 400 RP bonus = 1 or 2 skin indeed or you have to wait for a cheap one to come down in general. You can't buy a champ unless a beginner. RP can only be used for bundles, boosts, champs and skins... not for runes... Runepages can be bought with RP but even that you can't buy with the 400 RP bonus... So yes that's indeed not really worthy of saying the fact that you CAN use it for that...

Also seeing you say should never be avaible so everyone can insta buy... I don't think I ever suggested putting them all up in the shop and sell em. I suggested making them all avaible at your BDay to buy 1 OUT OF THE DOZEN of current skins... How many years before you get them all ??? You count it out for yourself... I know it'll take quite a long time to actually buy them...

RIOT would make a winning.
Special events like XMas would be good for newer players to get some skins and they are still limited probably
Birthday allows you to buy some of the skins you want...

All in all EVERYONE wins to this and skins WILL still be limited...

Showing you just reply to the topic in general means you never read my entire POST 1

So read post 1 and then post your additional comments. I gladly rewrite it if you like to show EVERYTHING in a better sense but only if people ask for it and actually would read the first in general I would see the use of it

Bluttaufe

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydia View Post
yadda yadda
I did read it, I just disagree. My point is simple:
No reactivation of limited rare skins. Not one, not two, not any. It contradicts the point of limited skins. Seeing you just reply to my answer in general, you obviously don't understand it.
Hope I could make it simple enough.
It's not about being a win-win-situation, it's not about whether or not just one or two hurts it, it's about the fact that LIMITED, NEVER COMING BACK means just that and not any exceptions for people who want that one skin.

MC Malzahar

04-06-2012

Supporting this, I would love Riot Singed.

Rydia

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluttaufe View Post
I did read it, I just disagree. My point is simple:
No reactivation of limited rare skins. Not one, not two, not any. It contradicts the point of limited skins. Seeing you just reply to my answer in general, you obviously don't understand it.
Hope I could make it simple enough.
It's not about being a win-win-situation, it's not about whether or not just one or two hurts it, it's about the fact that LIMITED, NEVER COMING BACK means just that and not any exceptions for people who want that one skin.
You are the kind of person who's acting on ego more than anyone else...

I'm thinking about newer players and older players but instead you only think about your own ego in general...

If you would be constructive giving better points rather than stating LIMITED all the time...
What are you going to do when for example you are forced to travel for 1 week to somewhere by your office and at that week they release something "LIMITED" you didn't ever knew about before and the week after you are back a lot of your friends have it and you can't buy it ANYWHERE anymore ??? You'll be feeling the same as a lot of the newer players then...

My suggestion aint bad but your LIMITED part is just the only comment you make than I say your EGO should be limited... Thank you

Rydia

11-06-2012

Bump

Mephistophilis

11-06-2012

bbbump