How to improve at last hitting.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ãce

26-01-2012

Yo fellow summoners,
Im hoping to find ways to improve last hitting.
Are there any strategy's behind it?
Alsohow does resetting a minion wave work exacly?
Maybe someone got a good vid link?

Not only for ad carry, I mean for mid and top aswell.

Thanks in advance.

CancelTheFlight

26-01-2012

Well, try to get the LAST HIT instead of doing the dmg, and then get ksed by your minions. It's really not that hard. You need to have a good idea of how much dmg your attack does. It really comes naturally with time. Just play.

And "resetting a minion wave" I'm not sure what is that. Do you mean denying in dota?

Potato

26-01-2012

Watch pro-streams and look how they do it. I learned it pretty good that way

Ãce

26-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancelTheFlight View Post
Well, try to get the LAST HIT instead of doing the dmg, and then get ksed by your minions. It's really not that hard. You need to have a good idea of how much dmg your attack does. It really comes naturally with time. Just play.

And "resetting a minion wave" I'm not sure what is that. Do you mean denying in dota?
Wow this answered all my questions! I learned so much from it.
Thanks man for making such an awsome reply.

Ch4zu

26-01-2012

Resetting a minion wave ... like putting it back in the middle of the lane? You got 2 ways to do that in 2 situations:

You're getting pushed
1. Start AA'ing all the minions without missing last hits though (his is easily done by practicising in custom games with the champ itself because it is a FEELING you need to obtain. Once you got it with 1 champion learning it with the other ones is easier)
2. Letting the wave push into your turret while getting the last hits because tower pushes like crazy. :x

You're pushing
1. Recall and let the enemy push but make sure you're back in time
2. Don't farm (kinda bad)
3. Push hard into the tower (but make sure you can't get ganked or have an escape mechanism + an escape route!!) so the tower pushes the minions rather fast back before your next wave arrives.

Both last hitting and resetting the lane is about getting the feeling -> know when to click the minion to last hit + know when to start pushing into the tower so the lane will get reset. Doing the last one wrong turns out into your next wave coming up too fast and you're still stuck at their tower. :/

Yakkahboo

26-01-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2l3ilS2Fo Good guide which touches some of the elements of last hitting, focusing on controlling the Top Lane

BladeXD

26-01-2012

Watch your minions attacks, if a ranged minion has about 50% hp left then it will only take 2-3 more hits from your ranged minions until its ready to last hit (assuming you don't have a lot of attack damage)

The best way to learn though is buy flat damage marks and quints runes and play ad carry

Skelight

26-01-2012

What do you mean strategy? You just hit them before they die...

CptFalconPawnch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-01-2012

I think the best way is to make a custom game without any oponents, and just focus on last hitting.

-Easy mode: begin to learn to last hit with a strong ranged champ.
-Regular mode: try to last hit with a melee champ or weak ranged champ
-God mode: try to last hit with soraka

DearPear

27-01-2012

About last hitting, we can't really help you. Every champ has their AA animation and their own damages. The best answer here is : test them all.

About resetting a creep wave. It's all about the wave that has the canon minion.

Let's say, you killed your opponent. You have now 35 raw seconds before he's back to his lane.You want to farm your creeps quickly and buy a new and awesome item. Once you have killed all your creeps, your lane will be pushed to enemy's tower. The goal here is to have your canon minion killed by his tower whilst their canon minion is full hp. That way, the canon minion will tank many of your minion's attacks and push back your lane on its own. Once he's dead (it'll take like half of the lane's lenght), you "resetted" the minion's waves, having no canon minions at both sides.